Playing With: Juggalo
Basic Trope: A fan of the rap group Insane Clown Posse (and usually related artists as well).
Back to Juggalo
- Straight: Bob listens to ICP, has posters of them in his room, and always has Faygo in the fridge.
- Exaggerated: Bob does all of the above, answers the phone with "Whoop, whoop!", listens only to ICP and related artists (and when he's forced to listen to anything not related to ICP, Psychopathic Records, or Strange Music, compares it unfavorably to ICP), wears the Monster Clown makeup everywhere he goes (even to work or school), and drinks only Faygo. He's a Straw Fan, in other words.
- Downplayed: Bob listens to ICP, among other bands, and owns a couple ICP-related t-shirts which he occasionally wears.
- Justified: Bob just happens to like Insane Clown Posse and/or related artists.
- Inverted: Bob hates ICP with the burning passion of a thousand suns.
- Gender Inverted: Alice is a Juggalette.
- Bob listens to ICP once in awhile, but not that often.
- Bob wears Monster Clown makeup and drinks Faygo, but turns out to have never heard of ICP.
- Double Subverted: He starts listening to the group more and more, and becomes an integral part of the Fandom.
- Parodied: Juggalos are portrayed in a show as boorish white trash who live in a trailer park and are possibly addicted to meth, or annoying Emo Teens in the suburbs who get beat up a lot in school despite acting tough.
- Zig Zagged: Bob likes ICP's music, but doesn't know if he wants to associate with the Juggalo subculture because of the rumors he hears about the Fan Dumb. He then meets a group of Juggalos in person and finds out that they're decent and fairly intelligent people despite initial appearances, and so readily adopts the Juggalo identity. Then he finds out that the FBI has labeled Juggalos a gang, and so tries to sever ties with the fandom out of fear of being arrested, but he thinks it isn't fair that all Juggalos are painted with such a broad brush, and so decides to keep identifying as a Juggalo to serve as a good example to outsiders, but every now and then finds himself feeling disillusioned with the fandom whenever he sees some of them get into petty arguments on the internet with people who hate Juggalos or witnesses them acting poorly in public.
- Bob does not listen to ICP.
- Bob has never heard of ICP.
- The setting is After the End, or waaaaay before ICP even existed, or in a remote and rural area.
- Bob simply does not like ICP. (Whether it's a mild dislike or outright hatred.)
- Bob is a Visual Kei fan, not an ICP fan (his makeup is more inspired by SEIKIMA-II and Golden Bomber) and most definitely not a Juggalo. Confusing him for one is such a Berserk Button that he will actively rant about the difference.
- Lampshaded: "Hey, Bob, got any Faygo? Whoop whoop!"
- Invoked: Bob hears ICP playing somewhere, and decides he really likes the music.
- Exploited: Claire, the Big Bad, baits a trap with Faygo (perhaps by Slipping a Mickey into it) to catch Bob.
- After going home, Bob has completely forgotten about the music, and thinks no more of it.
- Or has decided he doesn't like it that much after all.
- Discussed: "Bob is a Juggalo, so if we want to get him a birthday gift he'll like it should be an Insane Clown Posse shirt or a poster."
- Conversed: "Did you know that rap group Insane Clown Posse has a fandom?" "Oh yeah?" "Yeah, they're called Juggalos. They like to wear face-paint and drink Faygo." "Well good for them, I suppose."
- Played For Laughs: An Affectionate Parody of the Fandom
- Played For Drama:
- Subculture of the Week
- Bob is mistaken for a gangster.
- Bob is aware of the stereotypes and successfully defies them until he makes a stupid mistake that leaves him terrified that he's starting to become his own antithesis.
- Bob lives a terrible, thankless, dead-end life and clings to his "fam" as one of his few means of keeping afloat emotionally.
Back to Juggalo