: A character who is a gigantic asshole.
- Straight: Report Siht is an asshole to Alice and Bob and their friends.
- ReportSiht is a jerk to everyone, including himself.
- ...and to Bob's cat, and Satan, and God.....
- He takes his assholery far enough to become a Villain.
- Inverted: Nice Guy
- Double Subverted:
- Zig Zagged: He's only like this when grumpy.
- Averted: None of the characters are jerks to the point where it defines their character.
- "Let's make a character extremely unpleasant - it'll give the fandom a punching bag. That'll be fun."
- "He's a bad guy - we need to make him even more evil to the audience."
- "We need an Anti-Hero - this is one of the more obvious routes."
- "This is a comedy series based off insulting people."
- A villain diverts attention from his plans by directing everyone's antipathies to a resident asshole.
- A hero tricks a villain into thinking it's the jerk who's been causing him so much trouble.
- Defied: The character makes a conscious effort to be likable.
- Discussed: "Why is he such a fucking asshole?"
- Conversed: "You probably wouldn't like him." "Let me guess - an asshole, or a snarky asshole?"
- Putting a lot of effort into being an asshole drives away everyone.
- He's an asshole, but doesn't mean to be, causing grief for everyone.
- He can't care less.
- He also can't care less, or is using it as a crutch to insult people even more.
- Played For Laughs: Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist
- Played For Drama: Jerkass Woobie.
Hey, dipshit, drag your ass back to Jerkass
. It's just as terrible as you.