: During a funeral, the weather is rainy.
- Straight: It rains during Alice's funeral.
- It rains so hard during her funeral that it starts flooding.
- It rains on a funeral taking place in the middle of the Sahara.
- Downplayed: There is a brief drizzle while inside but it clears up by the time they head outdoors.
- People's souls can only go to heaven during their funeral, and in order to enter heaven, the floodgates holding back the rain have to be opened just a little to let them in.
- Alternatively, somebody with an ability to make it rain, visits the funeral.
- Or rain was forecast on that day.
- Or the funeral takes place in an area that gets absurd amounts of rain.
- Subverted: The weatherman forecasts clear skies for the day that the funeral is being held.
- Double Subverted: The weatherman was wrong.
- Parodied: During a severe drought, people start murdering each other and holding funerals just so it will start raining.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice's funeral happens on a bright sunny day.
- Enforced: "We need a really depressed mood for this funeral. How about it starts raining?"
- Lampshaded: "They'll probably have to cancel the soccer tournament. That's the day of Alice's funeral."
- Invoked: Bob decides to hold the funeral for Alice during a rainstorm.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob puts the funeral on hold until the weather starts improving.
- Discussed: "You know, in fiction, there sure are a lot of funerals with crummy weather."
- Conversed: "Notice how nobody during this scene has an umbrella with them. Do you think they have umbrella salesmen visiting these funerals?"
- Deconstructed: Because there's always people who have just died recently no matter where you go in the world, it is always raining everywhere on Earth.
- Reconstructed: Multiple funerals are held on the same day, during which it is raining.
Let's get back to It Always Rains at Funerals
, before this coat gets completely ruined.