: A talented actor is called to act untalented in the script.
- Straight: Chica can't sing, but the actress playing her certainly can.
- Exaggerated: Chica can't sing, but the actress playing her is known primarily for being an acclaimed award-winning singer and a mediocre actress at best.
- Downplayed: Chica can't sing. The actress playing her can carry a tune, but nothing special.
- Justified: The actress playing Chica is trying her hand at acting, and this bit of Character Development is being used to explain why she doesn't sing in every episode.
- Inverted: Through generous use of Auto-Tune and an offstage singer, Chica can sing despite the fact the actress playing her is an awful singer.
- Subverted: Chica asks the Five-Man Band to stop pestering her to sing at karaoke night. She claims she's not very good. Eventually they get her up there, the music starts, she opens her mouth, and... wow.
- Double Subverted: ...Then they turn the music off, and her bad singing can be heard.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Chica is played by an actress who really, truly couldn't sing her way out of a paper bag.
- Enforced: The casting director figures an actress who understands singing would actually be better at singing poorly. If they hired an actress who genuinely drones tunelessly through every song, they wouldn't be able to get those ear-shattering screechy high notes out of her.
- Lampshaded: Chica hits one long perfect note, in a subtle demonstration of the actress's singing abilities, then coughs and starts singing like a dying alley cat.
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: The writers decide to let Chica learn to sing over time since the actress could carry it off, so her actress becomes The Cast Showoff.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Irony As She Is Cast
, but we know you're a better troper than you let on.