'''Basic Trope''': Invisibility that doesn't affect items the character touches, such as clothing.
* '''Straight''': Alice becomes invisible, but not her clothing, which appears as if it's floating in midair.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice must stay religiously clean and avoid eating things before a mission, as grime and food in her digestive tract are visible.
* '''Downplayed''': Alice's [[MySuitIsAlsoSuper suit is also super]]. However, her suit is minimal, so she's still not quite decent without the invisibility.
* '''Justified''': The ability affects Alice's body, and thus it's reasonable that clothing wouldn't be affected.
** InvisibilityCloak, where Alice can't turn invisible ''without'' wearing a certain clothing item.
** Much to her embarrassment, Alice gets the superpower to ''only'' turn her clothing invisible, and ''not'' her body.
* '''Subverted''': Alice's power doesn't affect her clothes, but there are special, invisible clothes that can be worn.
* '''Double Subverted''': Alice has invisible clothing, but loses them because she can't see them.
** "What are you talking about? [[LiteralGenie I promised to make you invisible. I did.]] You said nothing about your pants."
** It turns out you don't need to be nude to become invisible… but no one told Alice.
** Bob thinks that if he strips down he'll become invisible. He's wrong, to the delight of Alice.
* '''Zig Zagged''': The magic that turns the character invisible lasts significantly longer if the character doesn't wear clothing.
* '''Averted''': Whatever Alice is wearing or has swallowed turns invisible along with her.
* '''Enforced''': "What, invisible clothing? What a complete waste of resources."
** "Let me guess. [[ButtMonkey Someone]] has to sneak in while invisible and turn off the MacGuffin machine."\\"Yup."\\
"Sigh, hold my dress."
** "How does it feel being invisible?"\\
"Kinda drafty, actually."
** Alice could make invisible clothing, but doesn't care enough, probably because she'd have trouble ''finding'' said clothes.
** Alice doesn't technically need to be naked, but hey, like anyone's going to notice.
** The BigBad uses a PowerNullifier to embarrass Alice by making her suddenly visible.
** Everyone expect this trope to be in effect when it actually isn't. Alice strips to use her power most of the time, but suddenly goes invisible with her power whilst fully clothed, allowing her to catch people off-guard.
* '''Defied''': "Ah, let me guess, Vanishing Cream. I'll rub this on myself and then poof, I'm invisible, my dress isn't, and I'll be stuck that way until someone makes an antidote. I. Think. Not."
* '''Discussed''': "She's invisible, right? But… we can't see her clothes. So she's… wearing… Oooh! Sweet!"
* '''Conversed''': "How come every G or PG movie has the invisibility potion turn the hero's pants invisible? You'd think a potion would just kinda leave ''him'' invisible, ya know what I mean?"
* '''Deconstructed''': Alice shivers so much while cold that the sound of her shivering makes her findable, thus making her invisibility pointless.
* '''Played For Drama''': No clothes means no armor, turning Alice into a GlassCannon against the enemy's weapons.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Alice never realizes her clothes are still visible, and so is constantly confused at how people can see her when she's invisible.
Back to InvisibleStreaker
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???