: The intelligent people support the tyranny.
- Straight: The intellectuals support the The Empire.
- Exaggerated: The Evil Empire is a created entirely and openly for the purpose of kicking dogs and making life hell, yet is still supported by intellectuals.
- Downplayed: The intellectuals don't support the rebels and instead think that it's possible to reform The Empire from within.
- The Empire is highly pro-intellectual with people of average intelligence being treated like they have a disability.
- The Empire is keeping its citizens safe from something worse than any of its mistreatments that only the intellectuals know about.
- Double Subverted: ???
- Parodied: Intelligence tests are based solely on ones support for The Empire. This isn't even absurd propaganda - this is in neutral or enemy countries!
- Zig Zagged: Some intellectuals support the The Empire, others don't.
- Averted: It's not shown whether intellectuals support the The Empire or not.
- Enforced: The Author is an anti intellectual and is demonizing intellectuals.
- Lampshaded: Why does every smart guy support the tyranny. You would think that they'd know better because they're smart.
- Invoked: Emperor Evulz gives lots of benefits to intellectuals to gain their support.
- Exploited: Emperor Evulz uses intellectual support as a Propaganda Piece to demonize rebels as idiots.
- Defied: The rebels go to a lot of trouble to make sure intellectuals are well informed of the atrocities committed by the The Empire.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: The support that The Empire had from the intellectuals (real or imagined) causes Anti-Intellectualism to flourish post-revolution resulting in a purge. After The Purge the rebels who are now in charge have a lot of difficulty rebuilding damaged infrastructure due to the loss of people with difficult to replace technical skills.
Back to Intellectually Supported Tyranny