: A Role-Playing Game Party have a event during the night in a inn when it's free of any gold cost.
- Straight: A party with a injured princess is attacked by soldiers of the Empire
- Exaggerated: A party earned free stay at an inn indefinitely, and every time they stay there, the Empire soldiers attack.
- Downplayed: ???
- The Empire soldiers were looking for rest themselves.
- The innkeeper is sympathetic to the Imperial Soldiers that visit and tipped them off that the party were there.
- The innkeeper is a greedy backstabber who takes the loot that the Imperial Soldiers don't need.
- All inns are watched by a group who aren't "official". Anytime somebody rests it gets noted. The group are informed that the group is there by fact that the princess is there, and are assumed to be more deadly than the empire.
- Inverted: The party surprises the Empire Soldiers in a inn.
- Subverted: The night goes with out a problem.....
- Double Subverted: ..But in the morning, before the party can check out — the Empire Soliders show up ready for a fight.
- Parodied: The innkeeper offers the party a stay for free. Then he offers the soldiers a stay for free. As they're fighting, he keeps offering free stays in his inn.
- Zig Zagged: The party stays for the night, and the Empire soldiers stay in the next room, but nothing happens during the night. In the morning, the Empire soldiers don't notice the party. However, when they check out, ANOTHER group of Empire soldiers catch them, causing the previous group to notice as well.
- Averted: They is no plot points or battles in inn at night.
- Enforced: It would ruin the mechanics of the game to be able to get healing for free, and the story requires that the soldiers catch up to them here.
- Lampshaded: "No GP? I betting beef to gold pieces that we going to get a plot event in the time time."
- Invoked: The party wants to draw out the Empire soldiers into attacking them, so they stop at an inn and rest up.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The party leader demands to pay for the room even after the inn keeper offers it for free.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: The stay seems so natural that players fear that sleeping at an inn may cause events like that all the time, as the princess allows the party to always stay at in for free. They have a harder time getting through the game without the use of Inns to heal up, making people proclaim the game difficult.
- Reconstructed: The Lancer notes, once the princess is safe, that the lack of rest made that trip the toughest yet. The player gets rewarded for acting in character with free powerful gear for all party members. Also, for players struggling during that part, dying 3 times in area, an in game message will come up noting that the party is too far from the border after that for enemy soldiers to come and attack them.
Back to Inn Security