Playing With: Inferred Holocaust
: A fridge Horror which a badass scene has Unfortunate Implications
of Millions of civilian deaths.
- Straight: Alice and Bob defeat Emperor Evulz using the Ultimate Bomb, but it destroys the city, resulting in deaths of millions of innocent civilians.
- Exaggerated: The Ultimate Bomb destroys the entire universe, but at least Emperor Evulz doesn't get to take over.
- Downplayed: The city that was destroyed is hardly referred to again.
- Justified: The city was populated entirely by Evulz' followers.
- Inverted: The bomb failed to go off in a lab with hundreds of experiments yearning for an end to their suffering, even in death. After they promised to help them no less.
- The Bomb fails to go off, and Evulz takes over.
- The Bomb actually goes off, and Evulz takes over anyway.
- Double Subverted:
- The Bomb seems to be a dud, but as Evulz gloats, it explodes.
- The Bomb fails to go off, but it starts rolling and crushes Evulz flat.
- Parodied: The bomb causes an Earth-Shattering Kaboom. Alice states that they saved the world without any irony.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: The aftermath is acknowledged next episode. Cue My God, What Have I Done? and Heroic BSOD reactions.
- Enforced: The bomb initially only gibbed Evulz and left a crater underneath , test audiences found it underwhelming so they made the explosion far bigger.
- Lampshaded: "Thank goodness nobody was hurt when we set that nuke off."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Knowing the consequences if they deployed the bomb Evulz uses it to turn the world against the heroes and gain sympathy for himself. Even though he was killed he still won and his empire remains in the hands of his son.
- Defied: They have Charles mass teleport everyone except them and Evulz from the city before they deploy it.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "Oh sure a happy ending, never mind that you made Chernobyl look like a spilled drink when you blew up his space fortress! The surface should be uninhabitable after that many reactors exploded mid-operation."
- Deconstructed: The heroes actions are shown to of caused wide death and destruction after the fact, leaving them do either deal with the guilt, the cost, and the consequences of their actions.
Back to Inferred Holocaust