- Straight: Alice intentionally scores a headshot with a Beretta M9 at 150 meters.
- Alice can hit a bullet with a bullet while wearing a blindfold and riding a horse.
- Alica can hit everything by just missing the shot.
- Alice intentionally scores a headshot with a Beretta M9 at 45 meters, just under the limit of the weapon's effective range.
- Alice is an expert shot with a rifle, but can't hit the broad side of a barn with a pistol.
- Justified: Alice is a well-practiced crack shot, and her gun is an extremely well-made Ace Custom with a telescopic sight. Also she was actually aiming for center of mass, but the target ducked.
- Inverted: Alice literally can't hit the broad side of a barn while standing right next to it.
- Subverted: Alice is takes aim, then says "the heck with it" and calls in an airstrike.
- Double Subverted: ... But the airstrike consists of one bullet sized explosive, which is dropped from an airplane exactly on target
- Alice shoots the Mona Lisa into a target at a hundred meters.
- Alice has her gun pointed at her own head while declaring she's going to shoot Bob in the face. Somehow, it still works.
- Even when Alice TRIES to miss, she still hits her target.
- Alice scores a headshot with a two-inch single-shot derringer, blindfolded, on a very windy day at 300 yards. And she wasn't even aiming for her target.
- Zig Zagged: Alice misses the apparent target but hits exactly what she aimed at. But the effect she was going for fails to work. The target starts laughing and stands up. Alice nails him with a straight shot.
- Averted: Alice is a decent shot but hitting anything at long range is unlikely.
- Enforced: The author doesn't want Mooks with terrible aim.
Bob: How in the heck did you just score a headshot at 200 meters with a handgun?
- Invoked: Alice intimidates a bunch of Mooks into surrendering by opening some distance, then making a ridiculously long-range shot on one of them.
- Exploited: Bob makes sure it's really Alice by challenging her to perform a shooting stunt that only someone of Alice's caliber is capable of.
Alice: No, I most certainly cannot hit that guy from this far off.
Bob: You know, Alice is a really incredible shot. I once saw her land a headshot with her M9 at 150 meters.
- Conversed: "I can't believe they wrote Alice hitting a guy in the head with a handgun from 150 meters."
- Deconstructed: Alice's skills are the result of spending all of her free time at the shooting range practicing at the expense of personal relationships and her social life. When Alice does miss for the first time, she loses confidence in her abilities.
- Reconstructed: Alice realizes that the growing stress from her job and her need to make the perfect shot every time is actually affecting her aim, and after she relaxes a little her skills improve.
- Played For Drama: Bob dodges Alice's shot, which instead hits and kills Bob's brother.
- Played For Laughs: Alice shoots Bob's belt off right before resolving their Belligerent Sexual Tension. Later, when they're at the shooting range, Bob's shots are grouped into a tight cluster, but Alice landed her shots in the shape of a martini glass.
We think we can hit Improbable Aiming Skills from here.