: A character, maybe because he is not exactly human, is unable to commit suicide.
- Straight: Alice is an Apocalypse Maiden. As the process of world destruction begins, she can no longer move, except her mouth. So she begs her friends to kill her.
- Exaggerated: Alice has a device which forces her to move. So even if she wants to be killed, if her friends try to kill her, she will fight back will all her power.
- Downplayed: Alice refuses to kill herself, viewing suicide as a cowardly way to die.
- Justified: Alice is a robot designed to destroy the world. Would the creator allow the AI to make his project fail?
- Subverted: Alice could kill herself, but asks her friends to kill her as doesn't has the nerve to commit suicide.
- Double Subverted: But when all her friends are KO, and she finds the willpower to commit suicide...
- Parodied: Alice has a regeneration power which only works against injuries she inflicts herself.
- Zig Zagged: ...Only to discover it to be physically impossible.
- Averted: Alice never is put in a position where she would need to self-terminate, although other robots have been destroyed by other means in the story.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Every robot in the world can self-destruct to keep secrets, and you can't self-destruct to save the world?"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Laughs: Every time Alice tries to kill herself, silly coincidences keep her alive (i.e., she tries to hang herself but Bob swings an axe in a wild and desperate attempt to kill a fly and cuts her down).
- Played For Drama: Alice the Apocalypse Maiden not only is destined to destroy the world, when she asks her friends to kill her, whether they refuse or accept her command, they are struck down and are no longer able to. Not only does Alice bring about the apocalypse, she watches her friends suffer in the most agonizing way possible and can't look away.
Please click on this link
, because I cannot erase myself from this screen.