: A character sings about the changes s/he went through/is going through.
- Straight: Lily has grown realistically into a stronger person, and sings about it.
- Exaggerated: Lily starts the song as a delicate, scared person and by the end of two minutes is belting about what a Badass she is.
- Downplayed: It's a pretty standard "I Am" Song, but there are moments Foreshadowing what she will eventually become.
- Justified: Lily never thought she had a talent, and the revelation that she can sing well gives her a burst of confidence.
- Inverted: Lily sings about the fact that she hasn't changed at all.
- Subverted: Lily sings about how much she's changed...but it's revealed by the end she made it all up.
- Double Subverted: ...Except she has, she just hadn't noticed yet.
- Parodied: Lily cries perpetually until she has a song describing how much she changed when she was away, and is then she becomes The Pollyanna.
- Zig Zagged: Lila has changed, and sings about it. Except she was lying about that. But wait! One thing that changed was she didn't know how to lie before! Except that wasn't really a lie...
- Lila doesn't change.
- Lila doesn't sing about her changes.
- Enforced: "We need to emphasize how much Lila has changed, and her actor's insisting on a big musical number."
- Lampshaded: "And here's the part where Lila sings about how the changes she's gone through made her into something new."
- Invoked: "And now, to sing, to solidify my Character Development.
- Exploited: Baron Von Badguy proceeds to stab Lilly repeatedly while she's busy singing.
- "I'm not going to change!"
- "No singing. We don't have a lot of rules, but that's one of them."
- Discussed: "And Lila has just gotten out to start living life on her own." "Time for the song and dance number."
- Conversed: "Do you think Alicia is going to get a song this week?" "Yeah. Look at the Character Development she's getting."
- Deconstructed: Announcing her change to the world like this gets her ridiculed for being so showy about something everyone else got over years ago.
- Reconstructed: But Lila is strong enough that she just laughs along and gets over it.
- Played For Laughs: Lilly sings a Tear Jerker musical number about becoming... a third-year programming student.
Back to I Am Becoming Song