: A character gains an ability, but lacks the know-how at first.
- Straight: Bob can reflexively shoot webs from his arms, but doesn't know how to utilize it.
- Exaggerated: Bob can ultimately do anything, but doesn't know how.
- Downplayed: Bob needs to practice to use his new abilities, but he picks it up quickly, as they're fairly instinctive.
- Justified: Bob somehow got the power to shoot webs. He hasn't practiced yet.
- Bob knows how he could shoot webs, but he can't.
- Bob doesn't know how to stop shooting webs.
- Subverted: Bob just got his new superpower, and does not seem to know how to use it. But he was keeping Evulz of guard, and really understands his powers.
- Double Subverted: But then Bob gets his memory of how to use his abilities erased by Evulz.
- Bob's power activates in truly ridiculous situations - such as in bed, where his girlfriend slaps him; or during a soccer match, where he gets a penalty for using an illegal move.
- Bob's mentor teaches him how to shoot webs from his arms...but the mentor can't.
- Zig Zagged: Sometimes, Bob uses his power right, but he sometimes forgets how to use it.
- Averted: As soon as Bob got his power, he knows how to use it.
- Enforced: "Bob using his power without knowing what he's doing is a gag gold mine!"
- Lampshaded: "Bob? It looks like you don't know what you're doing with that web shooting thing."
- Invoked: Bob's superhero trainer gives him uselessly vague Don't Think. Feel advice, and confesses to a side character that it's because watching Bob bumbling his powers is hilarious.
- Exploited: While Bob is busy practicing and calibrating his new-found web shooting powers, Evulz shoots him.
- Defied: Bob spends days to master his power.
- Discussed: "Yeah, shooting web is fun, unless you don't know how you do it." "Bob, it's not really fun either to freeze your coffee thanks to ice powers."
- Conversed: "I just fought a noob in the online mode of Lethal Kombat, he just used his special abilities at random. He was damn tough though."
- Deconstructed: Bob has to face Emperor Evulz, one of the most feared supervillains, and gets his ass handed to him.
- Bob tries to not let Evulz find out about him. When Evulz finally does, he has mastered his power.
- Alternately, Evulz can read minds, and so can counter abilities that Bob consciously uses. Pulling off moves that Bob doesn't consciously know how to do himself is what defeats Evulz.
How do I came here? *click**click**clickclickclickclick* Damn! *click!* With a link like this one!