: A character wants to settle down rather than adventure.
- Straight: Octavio, who is helping hunt down goblins, would rather spend his life at a home of his own rather than this endless journeying and fighting.
- Exaggerated: Octavio refuses to leave his home even when the goblin horde has besieged the city.
- Octavio occasionally mentions how nice it would be to settle down.
- Hieronymus refuses to leave his home to help the characters against the evil wizard; he gives them some knowledge and sends them on their way.
- Justified: The comforts of home are hard to get when you are not...home.
- Subverted: Octavio gets home, buys a cottage, and stays there — for a month, at which time he takes to the road.
- Double Subverted: But Angelica asks him to stay a little longer, and it turns he was just a little restless.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: Octavio talks of going home, gets excited about the prospect of seeing something new, gets tired of the road, cheers up at some excitement.
- Averted: All the characters love being on the road.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Why do you want this adventure to end? It's exciting seeing something new every day!" "I don't know. I guess I'm just homesick."
- Invoked: Octavio leaves his hometown, knowing full well that he will probably get homesick at some point.
- Exploited: The Mole argues against his leaving, since he loves home so much.
- Defied: Home life is HELL, any excuse to leave is taken.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "Octavio's getting dragged away from his sweet pad for a whacky adventure again."
Back to Home Sweet Home