: Hackers can use computers to do unrealistic things.
- Straight: Bob, a master hacker, can get into people's computers and activate viruses with his machine alone.
- Exaggerated: Bob can hack into anything and everything, including traffic lights and microwaves.
- Downplayed: Bob can change entire webpages through hacking. he uses this to help him upload viruses.
- Justified: Everything Is Online
- Inverted: Bob can't even use his computer to access his own files.
- Subverted: Bob tries to remotely activate a virus via his computer but fails.
- Double Subverted: But he only failed once, and succeeds every other time he tries.
- Deconstructed: It turns out the hacker does the whole Rapid-Fire Typing shtick just for show, and he does the actual "hacking" through different means.
- Parodied: Everything Bob knows about hacking, he learned from playing Portal.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Computers are portrayed realistically.
- Enforced: "The boys upstairs just greenlighted the new hacker flick. There's one problem though, they found the dialog too advanced." "Just throw a bunch of tech terms in there and they won't bat an eye!"
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: "Lemme guess...he's just gonna press a few keys and then some traffic light is gonna explode, right?"
- Conversed: ???
Back to Hollywood Hacking