- Straight: Alice is a green-eyed redhead, Bob is a blue-eyed blond, and daughter Carol has black hair and dark eyes.
- Exaggerated: Carol also has dark skin, while the rest of her family is pale.
- Downplayed: Carol has dark eyes, but her dad's blond hair and her mother's pale complexion.
- Justified: Carol looks like she does because she is a mutant, or a Reincarnation of someone with that appearance.
- Subverted: It turns out that Alice had an affair with black-haired, dark-eyed Dan around the time of Carol's conception...
- Double Subverted: ... but a DNA test is done and Bob is her biological father.
- Parodied: Carol is born a completely different species for no adequately explained reason.
- Zig Zagged: Carol is born to a dark-haired father and red-haired mother, meaning she should be dark-haired as well since red hair is recessive... except it's revealed her father has red hair in his family, making this possible.
- Averted: Carol is a realistic combination of her parents, and even has a few traits unique to herself.
- Enforced: The directors needed to hire big star celebrities, but couldn't get them to resemble their in character relatives.
Carol: I'm Carol, Bob and Alice's daughter.
Emily: You sure of that?
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Hollywood Genetics.