: A character who thinks he's morally upright than everyone.
- Straight: Mark is a religious man who believes he's the only righteous person in the world. To others, even people who share the same faith as him, he comes across as a bullying, sanctimonious Jerkass.
- Exaggerated: Mark believes himself to be more righteous than God. He is a tyrannical Knight Templar who wants to genocide everyone who doesn't follows his beliefs.
- Downplayed: Mark is often cocky about his virtue, but is a Jerk with a Heart of Gold at best.
- Justified: Mark actually is surrounded by evil. Just because he's a jerk about it doesn't mean he's wrong.
- Subverted: It was found out that Mark is indeed more upright than the rest.
- Double Subverted: ...but that didn't stop him from taunting others of their moral failures.
- Parodied: Mark hasn't actually read any of the holy scripture his religion is based upon, instead following what he himself believes it contains, based on hearsay and his own (widely incorrect) assumptions. He still brushes everyone who contradicts him aside as "heretics", even religious authority figures who directly quote the scripture in their arguments.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Mark doesn't get too carried away with being moral.
- Enforced: "I want to portray a jerk who isn't annoying for annoying's sake."
- Lampshaded: "Would it kill you to stop talking about how righteous you are?"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Mark is righteous, but knows he isn't as righteous as the others, so he remains humble.
- Discussed: "Any moment now, Mark will suffer the ramifications for being a self-righteous prick."
- Conversed: "Come on, guys, let's go and see Mark, the most "righteous" person in Troperville!"
The main page is Holier Than Thou