Playing With: Heartwarming Moments
: The ultimate moving or emotional scene, typically built up to during the entire work
- Straight: Bob finally reconnects with his son after years of not speaking to each other
- During the scene with Bob and his son, melodramatic music is blaring in the background and the scene lingers for far too long while Bob and his son stare into each other's eyes
- Sweet Dreams Fuel
- Downplayed: Bob and his son share a brief handshake.
- Justified: Bob had been trying to reconnect for years, and the entire film had been leading up to this moment
- Inverted: Tear Jerker
- The scene begins as heartwarming, but soon turns bleak as Bob has a heart attack in the middle of their conversation
- Yank the Dog's Chain
- Double Subverted: Bob makes a full recovery in the hospital, where he and his son have a final moment
- Parodied: Bob actually just saw his son this morning, and does this every time they're apart for more than three minutes.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Bob never has a chance to reconnect with his son
- Enforced: The writer is using his own experiences with his father as inspiration for the moment
- Lampshaded: "Well isn't this quite the heartwarming moment?"
- Invoked: Bob prepares a long speech and careful dialog for this reunion.
- Exploited: Charles uses this moment of distraction against Bob for his Evil Plan.
- Defied: Bob's son cuts him off halfway through his speech and storms out of the house.
- Discussed: "Awwww..."
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Charles uses this moment of distraction against Bob.
- But when it gets right down to it, Charles can't bring himself to do it.
- Charles is stopped by The Power of Love.
Back to Crowning Moment of Heartwarming