Playing With: Healing Factor
Basic Trope: An ability allowing for really fast regeneration.
Back to Healing Factor
- Straight: Bob can heal from bullet wounds, burns, and missing limbs in a few hours.
- Downplayed: Bob can heal from most major injuries in a few weeks.
- Bob uses Functional Magic that makes him regenerate fast.
- Bob is in a world/universe that has a strong connection to him. This means that the world/universe will constantly heal Bob, being a part of him allows it to do so easily.
- Bob cannot heal from any wound, no matter how minor.
- Bob's body is constantly deteriorating.
- Subverted: Bob is said to have a healing factor. He is shot with a huge machine gun, but doesn't get back up...
- Double Subverted: For a few minutes. He only needed more time than usual to heal from that.
- Parodied: Bob's healing factor ends up being a magnet for Amusing Injuries, and people even get in line to beat him up. Bob charges a fee to make extra money.
- Zig Zagged: Bob has an incredible Healing Factor, but it's Cast from Lifespan. Basically, in exchange for cheating death now, he'll die a little earlier several years down the road, but then he finds he can drink mana to restore it.
- Averted: Bob has no extraordinary healing abilities.
- Enforced: The writers wanted to create a character who can survive lethal situations without making him a Boring Invincible Hero.
- Lampshaded: "How could you heal so fast, Bob?"
- Invoked: Bob looks for a ring of regeneration.
- Exploited: Bob starts selling his organs and his blood, earning him tons of money without doing much.
- John knows of Bob's healing factor and maims one of Bob's friends via a method Bob can't heal.
- Bob briefly considers if his mutation would allow him to heal at a superhuman rate... before dismissing it as ridiculous.
- Discussed: "Bob's ability to heal is great, he can recover from anything, so putting him on the front line makes sense."
- Conversed: "Bob's ability to heal in Tropers Comics is really cool, right?"
- Implied: Bob is dealt a grievous injury, but in his next appearance a few minutes later, the injury is gone.
- Bob needs materials to regenerate, and can't get them from any other way than his food. He gets sick from hypoglycemia and other disorders normally associated with starvation.
- Bob's healing factor expels all foreign influences which means it can't tell the difference between poison anti depressive medications.
- The ability to regenerate that fast allows for awful torture, since his captors don't have to worry about accidentally killing Bob.
- Healing fast does not make Bob more resistant to damage, only able to recover from it quicker. It also doesn't make the injuries he recieves hurt any less.
- Bob's healing factor works against him when part of his body is cut off, and the wound quickly "heals" into a stump before a doctor can try to reattach it.
- Bob needs materials to regenerate, and can't get them from any other way than his food. Fortunately, he can digest food very quickly, although he has to eat a lot.
- Bob's healing factor makes anti depressive medications useless and that's why he relies more heavily on his True Companions for emotional support.
- Bob is Too Kinky to Torture and the healing sensation feels fantastic.
- Played For Laughs: Good Thing You Can Heal
- Played For Drama: Bob has to Storm the Castle with his Healing Factor as his only asset.
Back to Healing Factor