: A character in a story has same-sex parents.
- Straight: Heather has two mommies.
- Heather, Alice, Bob, Carol, Dave, and Ethan each have two mommies.
- Heather has 23 mommies.
- Downplayed: Heather's mommies are introduced separately, and no one in-universe finds it worthy of comment, so the reader needs to pay attention to even realize this trope is in effect.
- It seems that Heather has two mommies, but one of them is actually Heather's dad. He is a Wholesome Crossdresser.
- One of the mommies is actually her aunt who lives with Heather and her mother.
- Double Subverted:
- ...but Heather's biological father is a Trans Sexual, and Heather's biological mother is a lesbian who married that "man" knowing (and accepting) her for who she is.
- Heather refers to her aunt as one of her mothers because she has been living with Heather's mother since Heather herself was born.
- Absolutely every named character in the story has either two mommies or two daddies, even the Innocent Bystanders.
- Heather has two mommies, four grandmas, a big sister, and will have a sister-in-law soon. Currently Heather is dating Irma who has two daddies.
- Heather has two mommies and two daddies. It's... complicated.
- Zig Zagged: The other characters never get to see who Heather's rumored "two mommies" are. Heather never clarifies whether she really has two mommies.
- Averted: no one in the story has two mommies.
- Enforced: "Let's make our show appealing to the LGBTQ folks!"
- Lampshaded: "I saw both of Heather's moms visit the school the other day!"
- Invoked: "Linda?" "Yes, Rachel?" "Let's have kids."
- Exploited: Heather's one mommy marries another woman for whatever reason (emotional support, dual incomes, etc)
- Defied: "Linda?" "Yes, Rachel?" "Let's never have kids, our lives are great the way they are."
- Discussed: "Heather has two mommies? Squee!"
- Conversed: "You can tell this show's progressive — that Heather girl has two mommies."
- People often look at Heather funny because she has two mommies and this is considered odd.
- Heather faces bullying at school because she has two mommies.
- People often look at Heather funny because she has two mommies who are Amazingly Embarrassing Parents, just like the M/F parents.
- Heather faces bullying at school because some kids are JerkAsses looking for something to make fun of.
- Heather joins the gay-straight alliance to defend her parents.
- Played For Laughs: One of Heather's moms is a female Bumbling Dad. The other is more down-to-Earth.
- Played For Drama:
- Heather's moms' struggle to gain acceptance in society greatly affects Heather's life. The plot focuses on Heather growing strong and accepting who her mommies are.
- Heather studies/finds a job in a place more accepting about her upbringing, and make friends who don't care for it.
Let's go back to Has Two Mommies
, Nanoha-mama and Fate-mama