'''Basic Trope''': A villain who poses no real threat.
* '''Straight''': [[DastardlyWhiplash Darcy W. Ip-lash]] considers [[TheHero Hiro]] to be his nemesis, and unless Hiro concedes to his demands, he will...[[PokeThePoodle put itching powder in the his pants?]]
* '''Exaggerated''': Darcy W. Ip-lash attempts to hold the world hostage by [[FelonyMisdemeanor threatening to BEND a SPOON!]] AndThatsTerrible!
* '''Downplayed''': Darcy is a mugger, who ApologisesALot and often gives back half his earnings out of guilt
** Darcy needs to hold the [[CardCarryingVillain reputation of his family line]], but can’t actually [[MinionWithAnFInEvil bring himself to do truly evil acts]], and instead settles for being annoying.
** Dracy is a form of Fae, and he is compelled to be a minor inconvenience to everyone because of it.
* '''Inverted''': Darcy W. Ip-lash is a supremely competent villain whose schemes are always a clear threat.
** While, for now, he’s content with firing freshly-made dinosaur eggs at the Statue of Liberty, Darcy actually has enough EvilMinions, AppliedPhlebotinum, and OffscreenVillainDarkmatter to be a [[BewareTheSillyOnes severe threat to the world at large, should he ever turn his thoughts to conquest.]]
** Darcy turns out to be a NotSoHarmlessVillain.
* '''Double Subverted''': All of Darcy’s EvilMinions and AppliedPhlebotinum are [[BunnyEarsLawyer masterful at pulling off really silly schemes, and nothing else.]]
* '''Parodied''': [[CheeseEatingSurrenderMonkeys The French immediately surrender]] upon learning of Darcy Ip-lashes’ ‘terrifying” [[AbnormalAmmo pancake cannon!]]
* '''Zig Zagged''': Darcy’s plans are almost bipolar, switching between [[EarthShatteringKaboom genuinely threatening]] to [[PokeThePoodle completely harmless]] with next to no warning. Needless to say, Hiro is [[MindScrew very confused.]]
* '''Averted''': All the villains in the series are a genuine threat to the world at large.
* '''Enforced''': Darcy is head of the GoldfishPoopGang in a video game, and thus, shouldn’t be all that difficult after the second time you defeat him.
** "Hang on, Darcy W. Iplash is trying to strip the princess naked on live television. I’ll be back soon, this should only take a minute."
-->“Hey, remember when Darcy was a threat?”\\
* '''Invoked''': Darcy acts as a HarmlessVillain so he won’t get in serious trouble for his delightful antics.
* '''Exploited''': Darcy is [[ObfuscatingStupidity a lot smarter than he lets on,]] and [[CutLexLuthorACheck sells his services to villains who need the hero distracted for a half-hour or so.]]
* '''Defied''': ???
* '''Discussed''': “No villain is harmless, Hiro. Remember that.”
* '''Conversed''': “Y’know, for once in this show, I would like to see a villain that could be dimly considered a threat."
* '''Deconstructed''': The courts take Darcy seriously, and he is handed a life sentence simply because of the scale of his ‘crimes’.
* '''Reconstructed''': Darcy's pranks are thrown out by the judge. He realizes he likes to be an annoyance instead of a true threat, and people learn to accept it.
* '''Played For Laughs''': By it’s nature, this trope is played for laughs.
* '''Played For Drama''': At one point or another, Darcy breaks into tears and [[VillainousBreakdown rants about his sheer inability to do anything right, no matter how hard he tries]]. By the end, [[DespairEventHorizon he's so depressed that he surrenders to the heroes]].
Back to HarmlessVillain! Or I shall squirt you with CITRIC ACID!