Playing With: HP to One
Basic Trope: Regardless of how many Hit Points you have, this attack reduces you to a few HP from Critical Existence Failure.
Back to HP to One
- Straight: During a boss battle, the Big Bad unleashes a powerful attack that reduces the player character's HP to one.
- Exaggerated: The attack reduces everyone's HP to 0.0000000001
- Downplayed: The attack reduces you to 15% of your maximum.
- Justified: The attack was designed to toy with the hero and give him false hope before the finishing blow.
- The attack is programmed to always do 1 HP of damage.
- The attack reduces the user's HP to 1.
- A healing spell restores HP equal to the target's maximum HP minus one.
- Subverted: The attack reduced you from full HP to 1 HP... Because it's actually a Fixed Damage Attack that does (max HP - 1) damage and would've killed you outright if you weren't fully healed.
- Double Subverted: ... but also drops an extra effect that knocks the last bit of health off you at the end of the turn.
- A bunch of 1s are dropped at the party, reducing their HP to one.
- The enemy has no other attacks and can do nothing but reduce you to one health
- Zig Zagged: The said attack may or may not reduce the hero's HP to one.
- Averted: The boss did not have that attack.
- Enforced: "This boss has to be hard, but a One-Hit Kill might be too hard for the players..."
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: The hero unleashes an attack that gets more powerful the less health he has.
- Defied: The boss launches an attack that lowers the hero to one HP, then casually mentions that he's not going to let you get away that easily and hits again for that one last HP before the hero can react.
- Discussed: "Watch out there! One more hit, and you're history!"
- Conversed: "Arrgh... That One Attack!!!"
Back to HP to One