Playing With: Guns Akimbo
Basic Trope: A gun in each hand.
Back to Guns Akimbo
- Straight: Bob is a shooter who uses two guns for double the firepower.
- A six-armed monster/alien/robot uses six guns at once.
- Chainguns Akimbo. Or, better yet, multi-barreled chainguns akimbo.
- Bob can use ''FOUR'' of ''ANY WEAPON'' at the same time! Two with his hands, two with his feet! (Oh yeah, and don't ask how he can operate the ones on his feet.)
- Downplayed: Bob uses two pistols of very small caliber.
- Bob used something to improve his dexterity and hand-eye co-ordination far beyond normal human levels, be it cybernetic implants, Super Serum, Nanomachines, Functional Magic or whatever. This allows him to control and aim multiple weapons at once, and do it well.
- Bob needs firepower to suppress his enemies with no care for accuracy
- Bob lives in an era where clip capacity and accuracy are limited anyway, so he carries two guns to increase his firepower.
- Bob's friend Charlie has been shot down, and Bob decided to pick up his gun and use it alongside his own.
- Inverted: Bob has one double-barreled gun that gives him the same effect.
- Subverted: Bob finds two pistols, but holsters one and only uses it when the other one is dry.
- Double Subverted: He starts out only using one, the pulls out the other
- Parodied: The shooter is a monkey that holds a gun in each hand and leg, and uses a fifth with its tail.
- Zig Zagged: Bob starts out with two guns, runs out of ammo, and goes down to one. After he kills a mook, he picks up the discarded weapon and goes back to two.
- Averted: Bob only has one gun.
- Enforced: "It would make the sequel MORE XTREME!!!!!!! if they used two guns at once".
- Lampshaded: The Lancer, Charles, comments on how it was Awesome, but Impractical.
- Invoked: Bob always carries two guns on him so they can do this if the opportunity arrises.
- Exploited: Bob knows he has to get through the enemy's defenses and the best way to do that is with More Dakka. luckily, he has two guns on him.
- Defied: The Captain makes sure all of his troops understand the basics of firearm usage so they don't try this in a firefight.
- Discussed: "Let me guess, this is the part where you pull out two guns and substitute accuracy with excessive firepower".
- Conversed: "If they tried that in real life, they wouldn't be able to hit the broad side of a barn".
- Deconstructed: Bob tries to use two guns, but is unable to control either of them.
- Bob mounts the guns to the back of a truck to stabilize them.
- Bob aims with one, and uses the other to lay down inaccurate suppressing fire.
- Bob is ambidextrous, allowing him to operate two guns at the same time with equal accuracy for both.
- Plotted A Good Waste: The ability to pull off this trope hints: Bob is more than an ordinary human. It turns out that when he was younger, Bob was one of the sixty children who were experimented on to be the supreme Badass. Bob is, by the way, the only one of those who is currently living a normal life (that is, if you consider being the leader of a team of five assassins to be a normal life).
- Played For Laughs: The Scrappy does it to show how foolish he is.
- Played For Drama: The Dragon does it to show how dangerous he is.
Back to Guns Akimbo