: A party member who leaves the party before the end of the game.
- Straight: Princess Olivia briefly works with Hiro before he meets Lance, Dennis, Marcy, and Claudia.
- Exaggerated: Every single character in your party, including the player character(s), is only temporal; and you don't get to use them for more than a couple of missions.
- Downplayed: During a few missions, Lance becomes superpowered and starts dealing insane damage. After the energy leaves him, he retains a few abilities.
- Justified: Olivia couldn't stay because she was still the princess, but it was important to have her help.
- Inverted: You can keep party members from joining, but when they do join, they're here to stay.
- Subverted: Olivia comes back.
- Double Subverted: ...Only to leave again.
- Parodied: Olivia outright says "Well, it seems I'm going to be with you for a few missions. That means you're either supporting me or I'm going to be much stronger than you. I hope it's the latter."
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Everyone joins and remains a party member for good.
- Enforced: Somebody wanted Olivia to be a full party member, but others insisted she shouldn't be, so this was the happy medium.
- Lampshaded: "Right, well despite how useful I am to your adventure, it seems I must go, I hope my high level helped."
- Invoked: King Rex explains that only the royal family and their retinues can visit the Shrine of Power, but nothing stops him from making the Player Party Princess Olivia's retinue for just long enough to get there and back. He then reminds Olivia that she's not allowed to leave the country, even with a retinue.
- Exploited: The Hero knows that Olivia while powerful will only be in his party until a specific task is acomplished. Instead of going straight to the task after she joins him he has her help him bulldoze a powerful Bonus Boss.
- Defied: "My father can run the kingdom without the princess, I think I'll be joining you all for a while, this is much more important."
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Guest Star Party Member