: A series improves because of some change.
- Straight: Alice & Bob improves greatly because Charlie is given more screen time.
- Exaggerated: The show turns from a So Bad, It's Horrible show to the greatest show ever made when Charlie is given more screen time.
- Downplayed: The show starts out as just passable, but later episodes and writers work out the flaws to make the show much more notable and interesting.
- Justified: A change in the execution of a series can be just what it needs to be refreshed.
- Inverted: Jumping the Shark and/or They Changed It, Now It Sucks.
- Subverted: Charlie being given more screen time seems to be a mistake, as fans react badly to it.
- Double Subverted: When fans complain, Charlie is given more screen time than originally, but not to Marty Stu levels like currently.
- Parodied: Alice and Bob are talking about "Carl and Dave", the Show Within a Show, and talk about how much better it is, but to the audience of Alice and Bob, it still sucks bigtime and the change is one that we wouldn't care about.
- Zig Zagged: Some changes to the series are good, others...not so much.
- Enforced: Executive Meddling
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: Bob rises to meet a challenge he didn't (or wouldn't have) before, and everyone thinks this is his Crowning Moment of Awesome and looks forward to seeing more of that.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: No lasting changes are made to Alice & Bob, and writers are heavily sanctioned if they try to do so.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Laughs: And There Was Much Rejoicing as The Scrappy was Killed Off for Real
Back to Growing the Beard