'''Basic Trope''': An aesop about why we should care about the environment, often mixing with ScienceIsBad, GaiasVengeance, and HumansAreBastards.
* '''Straight''': Characters learn that the environment is important and that everyone must take action to protect the planet, such as recycling and driving less.
* '''Exaggerated''': Characters learn that the Earth is dying and HumansAreBastards and if somebody doesn't take some sort of action, they will eventually see TheEndOfTheWorldAsWeKnowIt
* '''Downplayed''': The characters learn to save trees by recycling.
* '''Justified''': Characters care a lot about the planet and ways to protect it.
** The world is trying to kill us! OH NOES!!
** Characters learn that human survival and scientific progress is more important than saving a few trees.
* '''Subverted''': It turns out to be a ''bad'' thing to care about the environment
* '''Double Subverted''': Except that there's a ''better'' solution out there!
* '''Parodied''': Crank the Anvilicousness of the aesop UpToEleven!
* '''Zig Zagged''': Depending on the writer, it's sometimes this and sometimes and a story with a ScienceHero. The story goes back and forth between RomanticismVersusEnlightenment.
** The villain of the story is a vengeful nature spirit trying to destroy humanity. On one hand, it makes a good point about humanity's influence on the environment. On the other hand it's harming innocent people, and nature may be beautiful and necessary to life on earth, but it is brutal and overall [[EverythingTryingToKillYou less than pleasant.]]
* '''Averted''': Characters learn nothing about the environment.
* '''Enforced''': The creators really care about the environment and thinks everyone else should too.
* '''Lampshaded''': The characters ask if there's a message about the environment during the event(s) of the work.
* '''Invoked''': Characters seek out advice about saving the planet.
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': Characters dismiss any "Save The Earth" message as preachy and unnecessary.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
** "Going Green" turns out to be ''ungodly'' expensive, causes people to lose their jobs, causes the firm to ''lose'' money or productivity...
** A [[WellIntentionedExtremist fanatical but well-meaning environmentalist organization]] does everything it can to 'save' the environment by destroying all the polluting factories and power stations. They fail to take into account the vacuum that will result from the sudden disappearance of these things from societies built around them, and not given enough time to 'wean' themselves off of them. The result is starvation, pain and misery: the environmentalists [[MyGodWhatHaveIDone realizes they’ve done something horrible.]] Or, for a more cynical approach, [[KnightTemplar they don’t even care]].
** But then it turns out that even if, in the short term, it's not entirely good, it turns out to be better in the ''long term''.
** The environmentalist organization does [[TheAtoner everything it possibly can]] to help rebuild the civilizations they destroyed, while making sure to build them around cleaner sources of power. It takes blood, sweat and tears, and many people suffer in the meantime, but at long last [[EarnYourHappyEnding but they manage to pull it off]] with the environmentalists walking away from the whole debacle with the realization that there are no simple solutions, and resolve to find a way to get the results they want without the pain and misery thier ham-handed approach had wrought.
* '''Played For Laughs''': One of the characters manages to cause a tidal wave from the polar ice caps to recede by unplugging all the stuffs from the electrical outlets.
Back to GreenAesop
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???