- Straight: Alice wears a dress comparable to what a medieval Princess Classic would wear, and is enamored with the idea of Courtly Love with a Knight in Shining Armor.
- Alice speaks in Olde English, and does not use modern technology. She also rides a horse everywhere, instead of a car. She believes everything made after the Renaissance, and modern values and practices just plain suck.
- Alice acts like a cavewoman.
- Downplayed: Alice wears modern clothes and technology, but repeatedly stresses on the superiority of old-fashioned values over modern decadence and selfishness. Whether she is right, or simply not seeing the bad in the old ways, is not determined.
- Justified: Alice is a Fish out of Temporal Water
- Alice uses only the speech patterns, technology, and style of the modern era.
- Or of the future.
- Subverted: Alice only wears her Princess Classic dress to a medieval fair.
- Double Subverted: Only to participate in a LARP on the way home...that begins to take on a life of its own.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice does not dress, speak, or behave like a noblewoman of the Middle Ages, but a regular woman of the modern era.
- Lampshaded: "Alice looks like a fairy-tale princess, like she just stepped out of an Arthurian Legend or something."
- Invoked: Alice participates in a really hardcore LARP, and one of its rules is not to break character at any time for any reason, even after going back home.
- Exploited: In a Fish out of Temporal Water situation:
A) One mimics the Good Old Ways to not upset the "fish."
B) The fish tries to mimic the way every else is acting to blend in.
- Defied: Alice refuses to go anywhere without her cellphone, thinks Courtly Love is a bunch of malarkey, never wears a dress of any kind, and drives a car. She can't imagine not living in modern times!
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Everyone thinks Alice is a Cloudcuckoolander, and she's thus alienating herself from others. She could also be missing out on a lot of good things of the modern era...like modern medicine.
- Reconstrcted: Alice learns that there's a time and a place for everything, and that modern stuff isn't all bad. She still likes the Middle Ages, but is able to channel that interest into something like studying medieval literature, or becoming a better DM. And because she isn't speaking in Olde English all the time, people understand her and get to know her, instead of staring and whispering.
- Played For Laughs: Alice is a Disco Dan figure.
I do say, be a good sport and click this Good Old Ways virtual travel machine!