Playing With: Godiva Hair
Basic Trope: A woman is nude, but her voluptuous hair cascades down her front, covering her ‘private’ areas.
Back to Godiva Hair
- Straight: Alexandra isn’t wearing any manmade clothing, but her hair falls down the front of her body in such a way that it obscures her breasts and crotch.
- Exaggerated: Alexandra’s hair covers her entire body — with the exception of her face.
- Downplayed: Alexandra’s hair covers her breasts, but not her crotch.
- Alexandra is a Reluctant Fanservice Girl who has learned to accept the inevitable, but took the precaution of letting her hair grow long to spare herself as much shame as possible.
- Alexandra is, under normal circumstances, a Shameless Fanservice Girl … but today it’s cold, so she has to conserve as much body heat as possible.
- Alexandra is a doctrinaire Granola Girl and neither wears clothes nor cuts her hair.
- Gender Inverted: Brett is nude, but his hair and beard are long enough to cover his genitalia.
- Subverted: Someone gets close enough to Alexandra to lift up her hair in hopes of getting a look at her nude body, but she’s actually wearing a bikini.
- Double Subverted:
- It’s painted on.
- It snaps off the instant it’s exposed.
- Parodied: Alexandra derives her health from the length of her hair. If it is in any way severed, she runs the risk of catching a dreaded disease.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Alexandra does not appear nude at any point in the narrative.
- Alexandra’s hair isn’t long enough to cover her body.
- Alexandra’s nudism is integral to her character, but her body can’t be shown too explicitly lest the Moral Guardians’ ire be provoked.
- Alexandra’s actress is willing to do things in her birthday suit — when she’s not on national television.
- Lampshaded: “Boy, that Alexandra has only enough modesty not to show her most graphic body parts.”
- Invoked: After becoming a nudist, Alexandra grows her hair long to compensate for losing the use of Victoria's Secret Compartment.
- Exploited: The Big Bad has Alexandra committed on the grounds that her nakedness and long hair make her ‘feral’.
- Defied: Alexandra decides that if she’ll be nude, she might as well bare everything, and cuts her hair at her shoulders.
Margaret: Either you’re going to be a nudist or not, Alexandra. Make up your mind.
Alexandra: I’ll meet the two extremes halfway, because my hair isn’t really clothing …
- “Alexandra, at least, has the benefit of living in a fictitious world where there’s never any inconvenient wind to blow her hair up and inflict shame on her.”
- “She’s still completely naked. In real life, that girl will catch something, get arrested, freeze …” “And you’re complaining?”
- “Alex’s hair won’t protect her from menstruating.”
- Implied: Alexandra is typically referred to as “the more-or-less nude woman.”
- Deconstructed: Alexandra cuts her hair short in despair upon coming to the conclusion that just because she’s a nudist, nobody respects her intelligence anymore.
- Reconstructed: Alexandra comes to realize that not All Men Are Perverts upon meeting Michael, who is also extremely smart and who genuinely appreciates her for her brain and soul besides her body.
- Played For Laughs: People interpret Alexandra’s au natural state as a practical joke.
Back to Godiva Hair