Playing With: God-Mode Sue
Basic Trope: Ridiculously overpowered Mary Sue/Marty Stu.
Back to God-Mode Sue
- Straight: Lily knows every martial art known to man, can survive getting stabbed in the head, and kills the Big Bad with a single punch.
- Bob can kill 100 people from 1,000 miles away just by thinking and can teleport in and out of existence.
- Max can make his enemies completely cease to exist just by raising his eyebrow.
- Downplayed: David is a Boring Invincible Hero who almost manages to keep the audience's Willing Suspension of Disbelief. They only have a hard time suspending their disbelief for one or two fight scenes.
- Sue is God!
- Greg wanted to be a badass all his life and has now gained new Reality Warping powers.
- Debbers is a part of an advanced race of super beings who are capable of doing such things.
- Jason is an Eldritch Abomination from another dimension or universe.
- J.J. has been taking a new Super Serum each and every day for a thousand years.
- Inverted: Alex is so useless and incompetent that hir incompetence goes way beyond the audience's Willing Suspension of Disbelief.
- It turns out the story is being told by an Unreliable Narrator and Lily only knows one or two martial arts, survived a stab to the torso, and defeated the Big Bad with a sword, not a punch.
- Wilhelm is less than useless in actual combat, but neither he nor anyone else knows this because his reputation alone sends all enemies running away screaming in terror. Thus, he never has to actually fight anyone.
- Double Subverted:
- God Man is an omnipotent omniscient superhero whose plans are either comically simple or complex to the point of absurditynote .
- Nicki is literally god moding herself through life.
- Zig Zagged: Lily opens the console and toggles god mode on and off on occasion.
- Hiro is powerful, but believably so.
- Lily is a three dimensional character with realistic flaws.
- Lampshaded: "Really Lily? You're just making the rest of us look bad!"
- Invoked: Fred does some experiments on Molly in order to make her a God Mode Sue Super Soldier.
- Exploited: Alice and Bob just let Lily do all the work, her being all godly and stuff.
- Tom knowing the audience will hate him or that things will get boring pretty fast if he doesn't have any realistic flaws; goes out of his way to become more flawed a person, trying out new flaws to see which one sticks.
- Mortimer feels that his powers give him an unfair advantage, so he renounces them and lives as a typical mortal.
Bob: "Hey Lily, if you can take down 90 people on your own, why the hell do you need me!?"
Lily: "What if there's 91 people?"
- Conversed: "And so, the adventures of untouchable, overpowered Lily continues to not be worth watching since you know she will never get hurt."
Back to God-Mode Sue