: A strange thing shows up as a boss during a video game with little context or foreshadowing.
- Straight: The Grim Reaper shows up as a boss in a graveyard level of a platform game when previous enemies haven't been supernatural in the least.
- Exaggerated: The Grim Reaper shows up as a boss in a dessert level in a platform game.
- Downplayed: A NPC mentions seeing The Grim Reaper wandering the graveyard level, but it's not mentioned again after you beat it.
- Justified: The Big Bad of the game has the power to summon anything that the player character fears.
- Inverted: You play as the Grim Reaper after spending time as an adorable cartoon animal.
- Double Subverted: But on the next to final level, you meet the real Grim Reaper.
- The Grim Reaper lampshades his entrance by saying "I am the Grim Reaper from nowhere."
- The player character is knocked insensate by a bowl of petunias.
- The Grim Reaper shows up as the boss in a setting where you wouldn't expect to see him, such as a soap opera. He even sings a few verses that contains "I came from no where to fight you as a boss, I gain nothing from your loss" in it.
- The Grim Reaper apologizes for ending up in the wrong game.
- Zig Zagged: The Grim Reaper shows up at the end of the game without warning, only for it to be a Hopeless Boss Fight Disc One Final Boss. The second disc integrates the Grim Reaper into the plot and sets him up as the Big Bad only for an Eldritch Abomination to show up just before the big fight, eat the Grim Reaper, and become the actual Final Boss.
- Averted: All of the bosses fit into the plot.
- Enforced: "This game has pieces of an artifact for the players to collect — so the Grim Reaper would be a good boss for the game."
- Lampshaded: "Where did that guy come from?"
- Invoked: The Big Bad summons the Grim Reaper to defeat the heroes.
- Exploited: The heroes have the Big Bad cornered when suddenly the Grim Reaper appears out of nowhere. The Big Bad comments on his luck and takes the opportunity to escape.
- Defied: All of the bosses are logically placed.
- Discussed: "Hey, do you remember the Grim Reaper in the desert?" "Yeah, where did he come from?"
- Conversed: "What's the Grim Reaper doing here? I thought this game was about cute little bunnies."
- Deconstructed: The Grim Reaper's appearance causes the people of the world to live in constant fear that he — or another Giant Space Flea — will pop up out of nowhere and attack them. And with no way to anticipate what kind of threat could come out of nowhere, there's no way to even try to prepare for it, which doesn't help assuage fears at all.
- Reconstructed: At least one person takes all the necessary steps for when the Grim Reaper pops up.
Hey, Giant Space Flea from Nowhere
, can you do TV Tropes
a favor and please return to your main page?