'''Basic Trope''': A character demands that his foe finish him off.
* '''Straight''': Jack, unable to fight, demands that his opponent stop toying with him and kill him, which has the opponent either kill him or (more often) say that he will spare him.
* '''Exaggerated''': Jack demands it after bruising himself tripping over a rock -- and from the rock.
* '''Downplayed''': Jack asks his opponent to cosh him in the head for whatever reason.
** Jack knows he's doomed and is exasperated with the wait.
** Jack [[DeathSeeker actually wants to die]].
** Jack has been seriously wounded and [[MercyKill wants to be put out of his misery]].
** Jack is in a ZombieApocalypse and wants his opponent to do him ''one'' favour: kill him in a manner that means he won't come back as a Z.
* '''Inverted''': Jack [[AintTooProudToBeg pleads for mercy]].
** Jack demands this, but when his opponent goes to do it, grovels.
** Jack's opponent simply ignores him.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** Jack's opponent gets him medical attention because he's out of his head with pain.
** Jack's opponent was waiting for TheMedic, so he can save him.
* '''Parodied''': Jack demands it in a paintball tournament.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Jack makes a speech about the value of life and the value of honor, leaving the foe very confused as to his desire. Foe makes a move to kill Jack, to which he screams "Wait, don't do that!" Foe begins to walk away, and Jack again pleads "You're going to just leave me? Please! I'd rather die now!"
* '''Averted''': Characters all die without being incapacitated.
* '''Enforced''': "If he doesn't die on the battlefield, the logical option is to have him taken prisoner and tortured, and we can't get that past the censors."
* '''Lampshaded''': "I can't believe I'm really going to say this, but please kill me now."
* '''Invoked''': "Ah, this is the point at which you tell me to kill you, because you do not want to hear about it."
* '''Exploited''': [[ArtisticLicenseLaw Technically]], this makes Jack's death assisted suicide rather than straight-up murder, doesn't it? Depending on how the laws work in this universe, Jack's murderer might actually get away with it.
* '''Defied''': "I never will ask you for anything, DarkLord -- even my own death!"
* '''Discussed''': "If I had to peg you, I'd say you're the type who's [[HonorBeforeReason very big on honor]]. If I ever take you prisoner, you'll just tell me to kill you already. [[SarcasmMode I suppose I should respect that.]]"
* '''Conversed''': "Remember that scene where Jack begs the villain to kill him? It's making me wonder if he was a DeathSeeker all along..."
* '''Implied''': We never hear Jack begging his opponent to finish him, but we do see his opponent bragging at the pub for evil people about how he managed to break Jack mentally before killing him - "just like he wanted me to!"
* '''Deconstructed''': Jack was more motivated by panicked fear of becoming a prisoner or a long death than courage.
** Jack does get his wish for a swift death... Except his opponents warps his wish into a slow, painful death ''now'' rather than after an unspecified amount of time.
* '''Reconstructed''': Well, it would have been a FateWorseThanDeath, and pain ''hurts''.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Jack's opponent is a succubus or similar creature. Jack knows he's done for, so why not go OutWithABang?
* '''Played For Drama''': The pleading comes after a long, non-comedic HumiliationConga for Jack.
Just... Go back to GetItOverWith and-- quit this page...
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Intended Audience Reaction''': ???