: Comedic characters played by dull actors.
- Straight: Funny Bob is funny, but the actor who played him, Serious Bob, is boring.
- Exaggerated: Funny Bob has won awards for Best Comedy Character, but no-one will interview Serious Bob because of his monosyllabic answers, droning voice and lifeless mannerisms.
- Downplayed: Funny Bob is a Deadpan Snarker, but Serious Bob is just deadpan.
- Serious Bob can't be funny without writers writing all his jokes for him.
- Serious Bob is shy and reserved, but feels more comfortable playing a character.
- Inverted: Bob the actor is a very funny man, but his character is incredibly dull.
- Subverted: Serious Bob is being interviewed and is really dull and droning... until it turns out that he's being intentionally dull as a joke, which he ends with a hilarious punchline.
- Double Subverted: It turns out that the punchline was scripted. He's not really that funny.
- Parodied: Funny Bob makes jokes that make people's heads explode with laughter onscreen, but Serious Bob causes people to commit suicide or die from boredom when he's offscreen.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Bob is funny (or boring) both onscreen and off.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: A character complains about a Funny Character, Boring Actor on the Show Within a Show. The camera cuts to Bob.
- Invoked: Bob intentionally acts unfunny during interviews to keep from having to do more interviews.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Serious Bob takes improv classes and learns to be more funny when put on the spot.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: One of Bob's co-stars works Serious Bob's boringness into her stand-up routine.
Back to Funny Character, Boring Actor