: A character who's speedy but frail.
- Straight: Lila can move fast, but lacks toughness.
- Exaggerated: Lila moves in a blur, but goes down after one hit.
- Downplayed: Armor Is Useless anyway, so her weakness isn't much of one compared to the competition.
- In order to gain Super Speed, Lila must use the lightest equipment possible. Any extra armor would decrease her speed significantly.
- In a World where Armor Is Useless, the first good hit that lands determines victory and defeat. Fighters ignore offensive or defensive strength in favor of being able to land that hit before the enemy or avoid it.
- Lila is the Token Mini-Moe of the group. Her little body can't withstand a powerful attack, no matter how hard she trains. And since the group want her to stay out of combat as much as possible, her training is focused on speed.
- Inverted: Lila is a slow, tough Mighty Glacier.
- Subverted: Lila seems like this at first, but it turns out she can take more punishment than you'd think.
- Double Subverted: She turns out to have a common Weaksauce Weakness other than purely physical fragility, making her functionally frail in most battles.
- Parodied: When Lila moves, everything else seems to be stopped in place. Then she trips and goes down. Hard.
- Zig Zagged: Lila encounters a lot of speed-canceling powers or traps, but is okay most of the time.
- Enforced: "Lila's the fastest on the team, but we need Competitive Balance, so we'll take away her armor."
- Lampshaded: "How can we hit someone who moves so quickly?"
- Invoked: Lila is a Lovable Coward and focuses on speed at the cost of defense in order to run from any fight she can't win.
- Exploited: Emperor Evulz rigs his castle full of string traps and trip lines to counter Lila's breakneck speed.
- Defied: After being defeated in a fight, Lila puts herself through Training from Hell and becomes a Lightning Bruiser.
- Discussed: "Lila may be fast, but can she even take one punch?"
- Conversed: "You would think that being able to run that fast would also make someone tough a brick, but apparently not."
- Moving at Super Speed is quite a burden for Lila. She often suffers serious injury even if she never gets hit, and God help her if she trips over something... which is all too easy at her speed.
- When Lila fights General Drake, he finds some way to slow her down, then promptly finishes her off.
- On the bright side, Lila realizes her speed causes her attacks to be just as powerful as the Mighty Glacier. Which lessens the amount of time she has to use Super Speed.
- Lila moves so fast that Drake doesn't even have time to use his slowing method on her.
- Played For Laughs: Lila's super speed takes her into a banana peel factory, where Hilarity Ensues.
Back to Fragile Speedster