- Straight: Bob is the only character on Tropertown to know about the fourth wall. He regularly glances at the audience and will say things like, "See what I have to put up with here?"
- Exaggerated: Bob will argue with the writer, yell at the cameraman for focusing on Alice's boobs all the time, and occasionally venture out into the audience. Alice, Carrie, and Daniel all remain oblivious to this.
- Downplayed: Bob is the only character to make aside glances, and sometimes bobs his to the beat of the soundtrack.
- Trapped in TV Land. Bob is actually a real person who got sucked into a TV show, so he knows that there's someone controlling what's going on and that there are people watching them at home.
- Or the fourth wall is Bob's webcam, and fourth-wall-breaking segments are presented as Bob's vlog.
- Inverted: Truman Show Plot: Bob is the only character who doesn't break the fourth wall.
- Subverted: At first, Bob is the only character who knows about the fourth wall, but he then convinces his friends that it exists. They join in on the wall-shattering fun.
- Double Subverted: But that was All Just a Dream. Bob sighs and says, "Shoulda seen that one coming.
- Parodied: Bob can actually hear The Narrator and the Laugh Track, even though he clearly isn't supposed to.
- Zig Zagged: His friends learn about the fourth wall... but that was All Just a Dream... but then Alice glances at the audience and says, "Are you gonna tell him, or should I?"
- No one knows about the fourth wall.
- Everyone knows about the fourth wall.
- Enforced: "Fourth wall jokes are funny, but we don't want to overdo it."
- Invoked: Bob always had a feeling that there was something out there controlling the world, so he decided to find out for himself. He stumbled across Real Life, and his suspicions were confirmed.
- Exploited: Bob uses his fourth wall breaks to influence the writers to write the show the way he wants.
- Defied: "No! No more of these bizarre rants to nobody in paricular! It's just plain freaky, man!"
Carly: I'm getting worried about Bob.
Daniel: Yeah, the way he talks to no one in particular and glances at random objects is really weird.
- Conversed: "Poor Bob, being the only one who can see us."
Back to Fourth-Wall Observer