: The number four is bad somehow.
- Straight: The fourth member of the Five-Man Band is the Token Evil Teammate who ends up being the psycho ranger defector.
- Exaggerated: Almost everyone dies when four people are together - the heroes refuse to operate with one member missing.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: The villains are The Psycho Rangers to the Five-Man Band, so Emperor Evulz chose four executives.
- Inverted: There are four gods of life that Carol, Dave, Bob and Alice speak to.
- Subverted: You hear about a group called the "Shitenno" who everyone fears, and their "Leader". It turns out that Edgar is the Leader, and Carol, Dave, Bob and Alice are the Shitenno.
- Double Subverted: ???
- Parodied: A lot of characters die - the digital root of their ages is 4.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: There's no special significance attributed to the number 4 in this story.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "The bad guys are in a group of four, huh? Of course they're in a group of four."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Four Is Death