: The plumbing diverts the water in the shower and changes the temperature.
- Alice is taking a shower. Bob comes in to pee, does his business, and flushes the toilet. The water in the shower becomes scalding hot, causing Alice to scream.
- Bob is taking a shower, and Alice decides to do laundry... Which makes his shower go cold.
- Exaggerated: Bob is doing this on purpose with the faucet in the kitchen, alternating the temperatures.
- Downplayed:: Bob takes a small drink causing Alice mild discomfort.
- Justified: Alice and Bob have old plumbing in their home.
- Inverted: Taking a shower causes all the water to drain from the toilet.
- Subverted: Bob doesn't flush, out of consideration for Alice's shower.
- Double Subverted: But then he goes out to water the vegetable garden, which does cause Alice's shower to scald her.
- Parodied: Bob turns on the sink, and Alice's shower instantly starts spewing flames.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice and Bob have more modern plumbing in their home, designed to avert this.
- Enforced: Rule of Funny
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: Bob really needs to use the bathroom, but Alice is showering and it's the only bathroom in the house.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob decides he'll hold it until she's done (of course, if this is a Potty Emergency, he'll either use the toilet without flushing out of sheer desperation or pee somewhere else — out the window, in Alice's backyard garden, in a potted plant, in the kitchen sink, at a neighbor's house, etc).
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Drama:
- Alice suffers some really nasty scalds.
- This happens so much that Alice decides to Toilet Seat Divorce Bob.
- Bob intentionally does this as a form of abuse to Alice.
- Alice goes to race out of the shower to scold Bob, but she slips, hits her head on the hard bathroom floor, and either has a severe head injury or dies of head trauma.
Back to Flushing Toilet, Screaming Shower