- Straight: Officer Alice is an unusually attractive officer.
- Exaggerated: Officer Alice looks more like an international supermodel than a police officer.
- Downplayed: Officer Alice is good-looking, but not overly so.
- Officer Alice is a competent officer who just happens to be very attractive.
- She was actually a fashion model at one point, but was always passionate about criminal justice. After getting bored with her job as a model, she quit to enroll in the police academy and become a police officer.
- Inverted: Officer Bob is fugly.
- Subverted: The main characters, who work as policemen/women, initially think that their new recruit, Alice, will be this trope. Turns out that she has average looks...
- Double Subverted: It turns out Alice was just Seriously Scruffy from the stress of starting a new job; She Cleans Up Nicely.
- Zig Zagged:
- The attractive officer is prone to not taking care of his/her hygiene during the more intense cases, meaning that (s/)he's sometimes attractive and in the most extreme cases... simply not.
- Or there are several officers who are given the focus of different episodes, though only some of them are attractive.
- Averted: All the cops on the force/show are plain-looking; there are no outstandingly attractive ones.
- Enforced: See Rule of Glamorous.
Crook: "How come there's always a good-looking cop out after us? They thinking that it makes us want to get caught and handcuffed?"
- Invoked: The higher-ups at Troperville Police Dept. give preference to more attractive ladies hired as officers (particularly for street and road patrolling) to create a better image of the force.
- Exploited: Officer Alice goes undercover to infiltrate into a criminal syndicate and uses her beauty to seduce a higher-up in its structure, gather enough evidence through him and eventually send all the gang into a prison.
Police HR Officer: "Sorry, ma'am, your application is rejected. Here at the Troperville Police Dept. we need officers who are actually the best at cracking cases, not just the most good-looking ones."
A Mafia henchman (to his boss, at a party): "That beauty has been keeping an eye on us for quite a long time...I'm pretty sure she's a covert cop."
- Conversed: ???
Officer Alice, Sir. Your documents— why are you staring at me as if you're stunned?