: A character's eyes are injured.
- Straight: Bob has one of his eyes damaged, rendering it permanently unusable.
- Bob is captured by the villain and a 20 minute long scene is shown of him slowly inserting rusty nails into Bob's eyes while Bob screams in pain.
- Bob is blinded in both eyes and deafened when one eye is hit by a rock.
- Bob's eye is lightly injured and he has to wear an eyepatch temporarily while it recovers.
- Bob is poked in the eye by someone. It hurts for a short time, but it's fine otherwise.
- Justified: Bob's eye is his only weak spot.
- Bob was born blind, but is offered an experimental surgery that can give him sight.
- Eyes Are Unbreakable.
- Eye Beams, where Bob uses his eyes to shoot lasers and damage others.
- Subverted: Bob is shot in the eye, but the bullet managed to not damage any of the important parts of the eye.
- Double Subverted: Bob still has to get the bullet removed, and the doctor messes up the operation, blinding him.
- Parodied: Bob's eye literally screams when injured.
- Zig Zagged: Bob gets shot in the eye, but the bullet does not damage his eye too badly. However, when he goes get the bullet removed, the doctor messes up the operation. However, there is another operation that can undo the damage the doctor caused.
- Averted: Nobody's eyes are injured.
- Enforced: Humans primarily depend on sight to analyze their surroundings, so being blinded is a strong Primal Fear that we have. The author knows that and uses it for Nightmare Fuel.
- Lampshaded: "AAAAAAHHH! MY EYES!! GODDAMN IT!! HURTS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER!!"
- Invoked: The villain knows that Bob is an expert marksman and that putting out even one of his eyes will severely reduce the threat he poses to him.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob wears protective goggles.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "People having their eyes gauged out in movies squicks me like nothing else."
- Implied: Bob, a retired soldier, has many scars from his previous epic battles and wears an eyepatch. We don't see what kind of scar it's concealing, but one can infer it was rather gruesome.
- Played For Laughs: Bob's eyes burst into a bloody mess after watching a particularly awful movie.
Back to Eye Scream