: A character willingly eats things not meant to be eaten.
- Straight: Bob eats a brick or some other inedible object.
- Bob can eat anything, whether it's immeasurably large, poisonous, still living, or even a nonphysical thing, like time, gravity, or an idea.
- Bob only eats nonedible things, and normal foods don't agree with his system.
- Bob doesn't eat bricks. He does regularly eat things that may have once been edible, but likely aren't anymore, such as spoiled foods.
- Bob enjoys a variety of exotic foods or concoctions made of edible foods, which the other characters find disgusting.
- Justified: Bob has a superhuman digestive system and finds most things to taste at least tolerable.
- Bob gets eaten by a brick.
- Bob is incapable of eating.
- Bob doesn't need to eat and therefore doesn't.
- Bob gets eaten by almost everything even the wall.
- Picky Eater
- Subverted: Bob eats something he shouldn't, and promptly gets a nasty stomachache...
- Double Subverted: Which was only caused by the hot sauce he put on the object.
- Parodied: Bob can taste everything, even nothingness.
- Zig Zagged: It turns out that Bob can only eat very specific inedible things.
- Averted: Nobody eats anything other than food.
- Enforced: "How funny would it be if we have someone eating something like a lightbulb?"
- Lampshaded: "What does 'inedible' mean, guys?"
- Bob wonders what a brick would taste like, and decides to eat one.
- Someone makes a bet with Bob to see if he can eat something he shouldn't.
- Exploited: Alice feeds Bob her trash.
- Defied: Bob is sensible and realizes that, as tasty as that folding chair looks, it wouldn't make a healthy meal.
- Discussed: "No, Alice, I'm not going to eat your garbage. I may be greedy, but like all normal people, I only eat food."
- Conversed: "Bob eats bricks? That can't be healthy!"
- Implied: Bob licks his lips when he sees a lawn chair in Alice's front yard.
- Deconstructed: Bob eats something that wreaks havoc on his digestive tract, resulting in hospitalization and possibly death.
- Reconstructed: He gets better, and proceeds to stick with more edible objects, occasionally sneaking a wood screw or a paper clip.
- Played For Laughs:
- Seeing what new "cuisine" Bob tries this episode is one of the main running gags of the series.
- Bob states that he needs a snack and then eats a tool that someone else was using.
- Played For Drama:
I was going to return you to Extreme Omnivore
, but I was kinda hungry, and the link looked kinda tasty...