: Barrels filled with explosive material which explode when shot.
- Straight: The game has quite a few barrels around environments which explode when shot.
- Exploding barrels play a major role in this game and can be found everywhere.
- There are special barrels which, when shot, produce a huge mushroom cloud like explosion.
- The barrels explode when even slightly touched.
- Downplayed: In one area, bombs hidden in barrels are packed around a support. The character is supposed to shoot them later to take out the support,but otherwise the barrels don't explode.
- Those barrels can be found in a military firing range and are used for training.
- The barrels contain a liquid which ignites when exposed to air.
- Inverted: Those barrels actually heal anything around them when shot.
- Subverted: An exploding barrel is shot but it goes "Hssss" sound while running empty from the holes.
- Double Subverted: A barrel is shot. It does nothing first. Then, after 30 seconds, it explodes.
- Parodied: The enemies are ordered to stay next to them and carry them around.
- Zig Zagged: Sometimes the barrels explode, sometimes they don't.
- Averted: The barrels in the game are not explosive.
- Enforced: The game is am intentional Serious Sam clone. Without exploding barrels there'd be no way to beat the hundreds of monsters swarming you.
- Lampshaded: "Isn't it dangerous to store explosives out in the open like this?"
- Invoked: A character puts explosive chemicals in a barrel to make it explosive.
- Exploited: A character, knowing that appropriately marked barrels will explode, shoots one which happens to be near a group of enemies.
- Defied: Any explosive material will be kept in special storage rooms and in safe containers.
- Discussed: "Quick! Head for that store-room full of conspicuously-placed barrels! We'll blow those mooks to high heaven!"
- Conversed: "Dude, when you're playing this game you need to aim for the barrels when they're all clumped around them like that!"
- Deconstructed: The barrels explode easily because they are made of easily combustible material, which is a serious safety hazard. The company that makes the barrels is sued for negligence and shut down.
- Reconstructed: The manufacturer had the Genre Savvy to make the barrels bulletproof. However, players can destroy them with explosive weapons like rocket launchers, causing impressive chain explosions.
Back to Exploding Barrels