: A character meets another character for the first time and, due to the legendary status of that character, expected someone larger.
- Straight: Alice meets Bob and expected a taller person due to Bob's reputation as a Bad Ass.
- Exaggerated: Alice expected a giant. Bob is a little bigger than a small child.
- Downplayed: Alice admits Bob is tall but in her imagination, she always expected someone even taller.
- Justified: The stories surrounding Bob always make the claim he is eight feet tall so naturally, Alice expected someone that big.
- Inverted: Bob is far taller than Alice expected.
- Subverted: Bob is not that tall and asks if she expected someone bigger. Alice mentions she never thought much about his height.
- Double Subverted: It turns out, Alice really was expecting someone taller but was just being polite.
- Parodied: When Bob meets Alice, he is somehow Naked on Arrival. Alice glances down and admits she expected ''it'' to be bigger.
- Zig Zagged: Bob is the Big Bad and Alice is scared of meeting him, envisioning a hulking brute. She ends up meeting a person she thinks is Bob and is relieved to find he isn't as big as she expected. She quickly learns that she just met The Dragon and the real Bob is much, much larger than even her wildest fantasies.
- Bob's size or lack thereof, never comes up.
- Bob is every bit as tall as Alice expected.
- Enforced: The writers want to enforce Bob's Pint-Sized Powerhouse status.
- Lampshaded: "So you're Bob. I thought you'd be bigger."
- Invoked: Alice says this just to mess with Bob or to test his patience.
- Exploited: The Big Bad actually spreads stories about Bob being massive and exaggerates his feats. That way, when people meet him, they will be instantly disappointed and have little faith in his abilities.
- Defied: Bob tries to become or simply look taller so he'll meet people's expectations.
- Discussed: Bob and Alice have an argument on why she expected someone taller and if Bob is still tall despite her expectations.
- Conversed: Bob and Alice are watching a TV show which hints at the appearance of a new Big Bad. After months of waiting, they see the new character and talk about how much shorter he is than expected.
- Deconstructed: Bob tells Alice she was silly to assume anything about his height and that she was simply letting her imagination run wild.
- Reconstructed: Alice retorts that size often correlates with feats of great strength, which Bob is known for, so it wasn't that far out of the question to expect someone taller.
- Played For Laughs: Bob shows up and he is massive. Alice looks up at him and mentions she expected someone a lot taller, much to everyone's dismay.
- Played For Drama: Bob feels inferior due to Alice's expectations. Meanwhile, Alice is disappointed and doesn't have as much trust in him.
- Implied: Alice meets Bob and sizes him up then sighs to herself, seemingly disappointed but never says anything.
What, this page wasn't big enough? I guess you were expecting a longer page