Playing With: Exactly What It Says on the Tin
: Something is accurately described by its name.
- Straight: A film called Bob Becomes a Zombie is about Bob becoming a zombie.
- The film is called A Guy Named Bob Is Bitten by a Zombie and Turns Into One Himself and this is literally all that happens in it.
- The film is titled Three Hundred Twenty-Five Zombies Escape from Eternal Imprisonment under the Island of Java and Two of Them Bite a Lawyer Named Bob, Causing Him to Turn Into a Zombie Himself, Whereupon He Rampages Throughout New York City and Destroys Two Gift Shops, a Supermarket, and Blows up an SUV, Forcing His Friend Alice to Chase after Him for an Hour until She Defeats All of the Other Zombies Using a Magical Sword She Found at a Strange Antique Shop and Returns Bob Back to His Original Form.
- That's nothing! How about this: Every single, little, last, detail down to what happens in the background is stated in the title.
- The title is literally the entire script of the film.
- Downplayed: Zombie Adventures is pretty Self Explanatory, yet you can only learn exactly what the adventures are by watching the film.
- Justified: Bob is a very important figure and the film wants to document and inform the masses about this transformation perfectly.
- The film is actually about a zombie becoming a guy named Bob.
- Non-Indicative Name
- The film is called Bob Becomes a Zombie, but there are no zombies in it and none of the characters is named Bob.
- Bob goes through several stages of the transformation, but then turns into a tomato.
- Bob Becomes a Zombie begins with a scene where Bob is bitten by a zombie, but it turns out to be Bob's dream and the rest of the movie is about something else.
- Double Subverted:
- ...and then he turns into a zombie. The tomato form was just an odd stage of the metamorphosis.
- Bob lives in an environment where Your Mind Makes It Real, and the first time he appears on camera again, he has begun transforming into an undead being.
- Zig Zagged: Some scenes revolve around Bob's infection while others are about something completely different.
- Averted: The film is named Bob. The title is related to the film, but you wouldn't be able to tell what it's about without watching it.
- Enforced: "How are people going to know what the show is about without an accurate name?"
- Lampshaded: "The title clearly states 'Bob Becomes a Zombie!' What did you think would happen?"
- Invoked: "We want to make sure that the audience isn't confused when watching this...Let's give it a descriptive name!"
- Exploited: Alice has an ironclad excuse to keep her gun pointed at Bob all day long.
- Defied: "Damn it, no! I won't let that stupid title be true!"
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "I love when movies spell out what's in them in the title."
- Bob was the Sole Survivor of a Zombie Apocalypse and has just been bitten; the film goes into detail about how tragic living like a zombie is as he struggles through his infection.
- Bob doesn't turn into a zombie until the very end, making the title a spoiler.
Back to Exactly What It Says on the Tin