: The mother of one of the characters is an antagonist, sometimes the Big Bad
- Straight: Alice's mother, Betty, is one of the villains.
- Exaggerated: Alice's mother, Queen Betty the Terrible, wants to kill her along with all of her siblings because she can't stand her children.
- Downplayed: Alice's mother, Betty is kind of annoying and self-centered, and sometimes gets in the way of her daughter's plans.
- Justified: Alice's parents live in an Unholy Matrimony and her mother is just as bad as her father, if not worse.
- Subverted: Betty might seem to be in league with the villains, except that she's a Reverse Mole there, to keep them from harming her daughter.
- Double Subverted: That's what she says, while in reality she's just in it for the power and doesn't give a damn about any of her children.
- Parodied: A first-time pregnant girl reads a book labeled "From nubile to Evil Overlord: a mother's guide."
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice is an orphan.
- Enforced: The author is estranged from his or her mother, and can't help but portray mother figures in his or her story as monstrous.
- "If you think my father was an asshole, wait before you meet my bitch of a mother."
- "You won't stand in my way, child of mine! No one stands in the way of Queen Betty the Terrible!"
- Invoked: Monster Is a Mommy
- Exploited: Evulz allies himself with The Hero's mother to oppose him/her.
- Defied: "I may not be the best mother around, but I won't let you kill my daughter."
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
"You must go back to Evil Matriarch
!" "No, Mom, NOOO!!!"