: Evil is inherently stylish, awe-inspiring and badass.
- Straight: Emperor Evulz is an Evil Overlord whose schemes and heinous actions always fall straight into Refuge in Audacity.
- Downplayed: Evulz has a Badass Cape, nice hair, and can hold his own in a fight, but he's not that cool.
- Subverted: As Evulz is making his amazingly cool entrance, he slips on a banana peel and plants his face in the ground.
- Double Subverted: ...splitting the planet in half with his awesome nose and doing a quadruple backflip to strike an even cooler pose.
- Parodied: Emperor Evulz tries way too hard to be "cool", and everyone mocks him for it.
- Zig Zagged: Evulz is cool and awesome—except at the end of episodes, when his plan of the week fails, at which point he becomes a whiny loser.
- Averted: Evil is not seen as cool in any way.
- "We want people to like the Big Bad, but don't want to make him sympathetic-let's make him a massive Badass, so that people can Love to Hate him."
- "A lot of Merchandise-Driven shows don't make toys of the bad guys these days, but we do. Make our product worth owning."
- Lampshaded: "I kind of expect to hear John Williams music whenever our leader strolls into a room."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Emperor Evulz uses his massive coolness factor to lure others to the dark side.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Evil Is Cool