- Straight: The Alice and Bob show stars openly bisexual Alice, her promiscuous Anything That Moves boyfriend Bob, Carol, who usually only dates men but makes a exception for Alice, and Ambiguously Bi Dan. The main villain is a Depraved Bisexual.
- Exaggerated: Literally everyone, including even minor characters and extras, are extreme omnisexuals. There literally isn't such a thing as homosexuality or heterosexuality.
- Downplayed: But Not Too Bi.
- The society is binormative.
- The entire cast is in dangerous situation, and they are looking for comfort where ever they can find it.
- Inverted: No Bisexuals
- Subverted: It would seem that everyone is bi, but then Alice admits thats she's actually a Lipstick Lesbian, who only dates Bob because its considered the norm to be bisexual. It later turns out that a lot of people are closeted heterosexuals or homosexuals who just pretend to be bi as its the social expectation.
- Double Subverted: However it is still clear that heterosexuals and homosexuals are rare—even taking into account the closeted.
- A bisexual organization is formed—everyone in town shows up.
- In a Political Correctness Gone Mad society that thinks Everything Is Racist, not being an Extreme Omnisexual is considered a hate crime. Are you a straight man? You're homophobic for not wanting sex with other men. Are you a gay man? You're a misogynist for not wanting sex with women. Got a thing for redheads? That's discrimination against the other hair colours, not to mention that some people don't even have hair, You Monster! Etc.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: No Bisexuals on the Alice and Bob show.
- The writers want to keep options open for characters hooking up, and making everyone bisexual seems to be the way to go about this.
- The writers want to appeal to a bisexual demographic.
- Lampshaded: "Dude, are you bisexual?"
"Well, who isn't around here?"
- Invoked: As society and the media got more tolerant of bisexuality and homosexuality, more people became open minded to experimenting with their sexualities and trying out different things.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "Eveyone on The Alice and Bob show is bi—I'm not sure if it's super progressive, or just a side effect of their crazy Love Dodecahedron."
Back to Everyone Is Bi