: One or more characters are chased by a much larger group of characters.
- Straight: Emperor Evilz is chased by the quirky mini-boss squad after one jibe too many.
- Exaggerated: Evilz is chased by several armies, the police-forces of three nations, and one ornery old lady
- Downplayed: Evilz is tailed by Alice, Bob, and Aerith
- Justified: “Guards! Seize him!”
- Inverted: Emperor Evilz chases an entire army off-screen. Their response is entirely justified.
- Subverted: As it turn out, the horde of pursuers behind Evilz are actually part of his army and Evilz is leading the charge.
- Double Subverted: At least, that’s what it looks like. The entire army of darkness decided to go turn-coat. Simultaneously.
- Evilz is chased off by a small group of angry nuns after destroying a much larger and more formidable army single-handedly.
- The chase is continued over several continents, and by the time it’s over both Evilz and the onrushing horde are collapsing from exhaustion.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: no such chasing occur in the text.
- Enforced: “We need to have somewhere to place all these celebrity cameos. Have them chase the villain down the street.”
- Lampshaded: “YEESH! Is there a chase-me sign on my back or something?!”
- Invoked: Evilz gets his mooks to chase Lilith, as part of a ruse to targets Hiro’s weakness for a pretty face so that Lilith can infiltrate the team.
- Exploited: Hiro dives between Evilz’s legs while being chased by Evilz’s entire army and then keeps running, resulting in the entire horde trampling Evilz.
- Defied: “He’s just one man! Just send one guy to chase him, it’ll work itself out!”
- Discussed: “Do we really need every policeman in the tri-state area chasing after one man?”
- Conversed: "Evilz finally did it! He has finally managed to horrify and enrage every character on the show! *Sniff* I am so proud of him."
- Plotted A Good Waste: The mob starts chasing the wrongly-accused Jason, simply because it’s what every else is doing, as a metaphor for the evils of mob-mentality.
- Played For Laughs: The chase goes on for so long and snow-balls so far that the pursuers forget why they were chasing Evilz in the first place.
Back to Everyone Chasing You
, before that horde of bystanders reaches us!