: The End of the World as We Know It
is guaranteed to happen every X years, where X is virtually immutable.
- Straight: Exactly every ten thousand years, all civilizations on Planet Troperia is wiped out by an unknown factor.
- Exaggerated: Exactly every hundred million years, all life in the Universe is wiped out by an unknown factor.
- Downplayed: Exactly every ten thousand years, all civilizations on Planet Troperia is set back by a major disaster or cataclysm. The people know this well and are prepared for it.
- Justified: The Will of The Planet wipes out civilizations before they become too advanced and start draining all the Mana on the planet.
- Inverted: There's a recurring time-window where The End of the World as We Know It cannot happen, no matter what. After that, however, all the bets are off.
- Subverted: The Will of The Planet decide to halt the apocalypse this time, due to a pure-hearted maiden travelling to The Lifestream and convince the Planet that all people are good. Reading her memory, the Planet know this to be true.
- Double Subverted: Some greedy jackass decide to exploit Mana anyway, and the people suffer the Planet's final solution due to their action.
- Parodied: "Right, the world ending happens every year. Does anyone have anything they reserved for tomorrow?"
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: An Omnicidal Maniac speed up the process of Mana exploitation to speed up the coming of the apocalypse to the world that he hates.
- Defied: Some people level themselves up to stand the world-ending force face to face. If they succeed, there is a serious risk of the death of the Planet itself.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to the Eternal Recurrence
for the x-th time, now.