: Enemies are shown exchanging idle chatter or other dialogue during gameplay.
- Straight: As Alice sneaks around trying to avoid being detected, two Mooks around the corner are heard having a conversation.
- Exaggerated: The mooks are holding a large assembly and have Large Ham speakers arguing like it's Prime Minister's Questions in Britain.
- Downplayed: ???
- Well, they are people, after all.
- The Mooks are giving instructions to each other during a shootout.
- Inverted: Everyone in the game is The Voiceless / The Speechless.
- Subverted: Alice comes across two mooks but hears no conversation going on, even though they're standing around and appear to be rather bored.
- Double Subverted: They're actually conversing in nonverbal ways (texting, telepathy, sign language, etc.)
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Mooks try to stay professional and keep to the job, so they don't talk.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Goddamnit, don't these guys ever shut up?"
- Invoked: The Mooks are pretending to appear like normal, decent people who don't really want to fight, so Alice feels guilty about killing them. When she does, they take advantage of it.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Dr. Evil is a little crazy, and hates the idea of his subordinates talking. If he catches any of them doing it, he kills them.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Alice uses the small-talk between Mooks to locate them easily and ambush them. Also, they often babble about Dr. Evil's plans.
- Reconstructed: After a few slip ups, the Mooks use a system of hand signals that only they can understand to communicate, and they cut idle chatter.
Back to Enemy Chatter