Playing With: Enemy Chatter
Basic Trope: Enemies are shown exchanging idle chatter or other dialogue during gameplay.
Back to Enemy Chatter
- Straight: As Alice sneaks around trying to avoid being detected, two Mooks around the corner are heard having a conversation.
- Exaggerated: The mooks are holding a large assembly and have Large Ham speakers arguing like it's Prime Minister's Questions in Britain.
- Downplayed: The mooks just exchanged a few sentences of dialog.
- Inverted: Everyone in the game is The Voiceless / The Speechless.
- Subverted: Alice comes across two mooks but hears no conversation going on, even though they're standing around and appear to be rather bored.
- Double Subverted: They're actually conversing in nonverbal ways (texting, telepathy, sign language, etc.)
- Alice sneaks up on two Mooks, only to find them in an extremely strange situation.
- Alice overhears a conversation between two Mooks about how much they like Justin Bieber. Alice snickers under her breath.
- Alice sneaks up on two Mooks having a conversation, and they're talking about how attractive they find Alice.
- Zig Zagged: Some Mooks engage in conversations, while the others remain silent.
- Averted: Mooks try to stay professional and keep to the job, so they don't talk.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Goddamnit, don't these guys ever shut up?"
- Invoked: The Mooks are pretending to appear like normal, decent people who don't really want to fight, so Alice feels guilty about killing them. When she does, they take advantage of it.
- Exploited: Alice sends a spy who will engage the Mooks in conversation, hoping to reveal secrets about the villain.
- Defied: Dr. Evil is a little crazy, and hates the idea of his subordinates talking. If he catches any of them doing it, he kills them.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Alice uses the small-talk between Mooks to locate them easily and ambush them. Also, they often babble about Dr. Evil's plans.
- Reconstructed: After a few slip ups, the Mooks use a system of hand signals that only they can understand to communicate, and they cut idle chatter.
Back to Enemy Chatter