: A Mary Sue
is an intelligent underdog.
- Straight: Jason is a nobody, watching with exasperation as the obvious solutions bypass everyone else, including proclaimed experts.
- Exaggerated: Jason is subject to active discrimination for his apparent stupidity from everyone else in the cast as a result of being so much cleverer than all of them that he seems incomprehensible in comparison. As such, he stays on the bottom rung of the ladder.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: ???
- Inverted: Jason is a Too Dumb to Live Pointy-Haired Boss whose plans always fail, yet people listen to him anyway.
- Subverted: Other members of the cast begin to show signs of Obfuscating Stupidity.
- Double Subverted: They do so as a result of a mind alteration ray that Jason built, in order to fulfil a gambit he devised. The change is temporary, and the affected people become goldfish again soon afterward.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Though clever, Jason is not the only person in the setting with a clue.
- Enforced: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Jason stupefies himself to fit in, and subsequently sees a rise in his career prospects.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Einstein Sue