: A Mary Sue
is an intelligent underdog.
- Straight: Jason is a nobody, watching with exasperation as the obvious solutions bypass everyone else, including proclaimed experts.
- Exaggerated: Jason is subject to active discrimination for his apparent stupidity from everyone else in the cast as a result of being so much cleverer than all of them that he seems incomprehensible in comparison. As such, he stays on the bottom rung of the ladder.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: ???
- Inverted: Jason is a Too Dumb to Live Pointy-Haired Boss whose plans always fail, yet people listen to him anyway.
- Other members of the cast begin to show signs of Obfuscating Stupidity.
- It turns out there are perfectly logical explanations behind why the others won't listen to Jason. The main one being that Jason's arguments only make sense if you don't already know about X which they do.
- Double Subverted:
- They do so as a result of a mind alteration ray that Jason built, in order to fulfil a gambit he devised. The change is temporary, and the affected people become goldfish again soon afterward.
- X is a lie perpetrated by the government, only Jason knows.
- Parodied: Despite Jason being smarter than the other characters and piecing together all the clues, he still manages to be a massive idiot.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Though clever, Jason is not the only person in the setting with a clue.
- Enforced: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Jason stupefies himself to fit in, and subsequently sees a rise in his career prospects.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Einstein Sue