: Students in a health, life-science, or home ec class must take care of a simulated baby.
- Straight: Alice and Bob must care for a baby doll that cries at random, in order to learn about parenting and scare them out of having sex.
- For their class project, Alice and Bob must take care of a real baby, or a live animal.
- Alice and Bob get the "crack baby"- the one doll that (either due to an electronic malfunction or done deliberately to simulate an actual crack baby) doesn't stop crying no matter what.
- In order to teach a grade-school class responsibility, the teacher brings in a class pet, and each student takes said class pet home for a weekend.
- Alice and Bob must do a report on the economic perils of Teen Pregnancy.
- Inverted: Baby-Doll Baby
- Subverted: Alice and Bob take care of a baby doll as part of a game of "House."
- Double Subverted: It's for a research project.
- Bob eats the egg, much to the ire of Alice.
- Alice is paired up with Bob (both are white), and Alice is given a black baby doll. Bob is horrified.
- A class of adults has to learn to care for an elderly person like so.
- The entire class gets "crack baby" dolls.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice and Bob don't have to take care of a simulated baby for school.
- Enforced: Truth in Television, at least in the US and Canada.
- Lampshaded: "These dolls will teach you what it's like to care for a real baby."
- Invoked: The teacher wants to teach responsibility and life skills.
- Exploited: Alice rigs up the baby doll that the Alpha Bitch has to care for with her Jerk Jock boyfriend to be the aforementioned "crack baby."
- Defied: Instead of doing a project, the teacher only lectures about parenting.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Egg Sitting