Playing With: Dye or Die
Basic Trope: Fugitive must dye their hair to help them evade their pursuers.
Back to Dye or Die
- Straight: Rachel, forced on the run, dyes her distinctive red hair brown so as to throw off anyone looking for a woman fitting her description.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: Alice is dying her hair because she is apart of a witness protection program.
- Inverted: As part of an alias she's creating in hopes of catching the eye of her target, Farah dyes her hair a more distinctive shade.
- Subverted: Rachel attempts to dye her hair, only to find the coloring doesn't work properly.
- Double Subverted: The coloring doesn't work because she was holding the bottle upside down. When she turns it right side up again, the bottle's completely empty.
- Parodied: To avoid being noticed, Rachel dyes her distinctive red hair purple. And it works.
- Zig Zagged: After learning that the Emperor's forces are looking for them, Hiro and Ichigo refuse to dye their hair, while Kowalski and Lorelai do. Mana isn't certain she wants to, but Kowalski convinces her to after it becomes clear Evulz is specifically searching for her. Eventually, she stops dyeing it after resolving to stop running.
- Averted: The character in question has no hair to begin with.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Didn't Alice have a different hair color when we last saw her? Granted, she wasn't on the run from the law..."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Laughs:
- Kenta, an Ordinary High-School Student Trapped in Another World, discovers that everybody in this world has brightly-colored hair, and his brown hair in its simple style stands out. To his horror, he's forced to both dye it technicolor and adopt an Improbable Hairstyle.
- Sharon tries to dye her dark hair a lighter shade... and accidentally bleaches it white.
- Played For Drama: Rachel's pursuers have a "shoot on sight" order. She tries altering her appearance; as she's working on her hair, a patrol reaches the door of her hideout and knocks, demanding entry...
Back to Dye or Die